Wrenches In The Gears
|Wrenches In The Gears|
|Section||Southern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by||Krak Flamewhip |
in Sorrow's Furnace
(Click to enlarge)
Repair The Cruncher with the toothed cog and eliminate the Rebel Spirit Keepers.
- Summit Slaves active in quest log.
- Place the toothed cog in The Cruncher's cog mouth. It is the only place a master gear won't fit.
- Eliminate the [5...0] remaining rebel spirit keepers.
- See Krak Flamewhip for your reward.
- 1,500 Experience
Kill the Rebel Spirit Keepers until one drops the Toothed Cog and activate the proper gearbox indicated by the quest marker (the only one with square looking gears). Although the Rebel Spirit Keepers are not linked to any of the nearby Dredge groups, aggroing the patrolling additional Dredge is very likely.
Return to Krak Flamewhip for your reward.
- Rebel Spirit Keepers use Resurrect (monster skill) (8 second cast time, no recharge). Disabling this skill, either via Frozen Soil or interrupts (preferably using interrupts which also disable the skill, such as Distracting Shot) will make the Dredge groups easier to handle.
- Krak Flamewhip
- "There's been some trouble with our best pulverizer, The Cruncher. Some of those damned Dredge rebels managed to steal the toothed cog needed to operate that machine. Of all the machines to mess with! We can't meet our quota without The Cruncher! A master gear won't get 'er up 'n running; it must be that toothed cog. Get it back, fix The Cruncher, and take care o' any Dredge ye find. And be quick about it, or it'll be fifty lashes for ye!"
- Krak Flamewhip
- "If ye don't want a taste of my whip, ye'll do better next time!"
- Sorrow's Belly can be scouted for Summit Slaves while fighting the Dredge.
- The quest name is similar to the saying "throw a spanner (wrench) in the works (mechanism or machine)".