Update #2 - Wednesday, April 1, 2009
 Bug Fix
- Fixed a bug that prevented some text in the Hall of Monuments from displaying properly.
 Update - Wednesday, April 1, 2009
|| Note: This update was not implemented. It is a fake update in the spirit of April Fools' Day.
For more information on these changes, please see the Developer Updates page.
 PvE and PvP
- Scorpion Wire: no longer has half-range. Changed functionality to: "Target foe is teleported to your location and knocked down."
- Shroud of Silence: changed functionality to: "For 5...20 seconds, target player cannot send chat messages."
- Increased duration of all Avatar skills to 40...70 seconds.
- Avatar of Grenth: changed functionality to: "For 10...90 seconds, your attacks steal 1...2 enchantments from any foe you hit and apply those enchantments to you."
- Sandstorm: now deals 10...30 more damage if the caster is standing in a sandy area.
- Searing Flames: removed Burning condition.
- "Fall Back!": Now ends if target ally is not moving away from a foe.
- "Incoming!": Now ends if target ally is not moving away from a foe.
- "It's just a flesh wound.": This skill can now be used while dead.
- "The Power Is Yours!": changed functionality to: "Sacrifice all Health. Until resurrected, 5 nearby party members gain +1...5 Earth Magic, +1...5 Fire Magic, +1...5 Air Magic, +1...5 Water Magic, or +1...5 Healing Prayers."
- Beast Mastery: pets now have a chance of ignoring commands unless their master has a higher Beast Mastery rank than the pet's level.
- Equinox: Exhaustion duration is now based on the time of day.
- Signet of Ghostly Might: reverted functionality to: "For 10 seconds, target ally or foe does +10...30 damage. When this skill ends, that target is slain."
- Spawning Power: Weapon skills now last 50% longer for each rank of Spawning Power.
 Guild Battles
- Guild Battle NPCs now respawn at regular intervals until the Guild Lord is slain.
- Removed the Lucky Aura effect from the Lunar Fortune item.
- On a direct hit, the Zaishen rank emote now deals minor damage based on the user's rank and knocks the target down.
- Characters suffering from Blind cannot see distant enemies.
- Characters suffering from Dazed will now spin in place. The camera is locked for the duration of the effect.
- Introduced a new Cartographer title for the Battle Isles.
 Guild Wars Wiki notes
- Players in non-PvP outposts appear as Gwen-chan.
- The alleged change to Signet of Ghostly Might is a reference to an infamous bug during the Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event which allowed it to be cast on any creature rather than only working on allied spirits.
- The alleged change to "The Power Is Yours!" is a reference to Captain Planet.
- The alleged change to Scorpion Wire is a reference to the character Scorpion of the Mortal Kombat series, whose signature move is to impale a spear, with a rope attached to the end, into the opponent's chest, and then drag the opponent towards him by pulling on the rope, leaving the opponent dazed for a free hit.
- The alleged change to Beast Mastery is a reference to the Pokémon game series, where, If you did not have a certain number of badges, Pokémon over a certain level would not obey you.