A Gift for Althea
|A Gift for Althea|
|Given by||Captain Osric |
in Lakeside County
(Click to enlarge)
Captain Osric has tasked you with finding the perfect birthday gift for Prince Rurik's beloved Lady Althea. There are three items scattered about Lakeside County that have gift potential. With either of the first two gifts you bring to Osric he will agree that it is a noteworthy item, but something better must be found. On the third gift (regardless of which item it is) he will find it truly special, and congratulate you on your find.
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- Character in pre-Searing
- Charr at the Gate not active
- Prince Rurik and Captain Osric have finished conversing
- Find the perfect gift for Lady Althea. It must be something beautiful.
- Give the Beautiful Feather to Captain Osric.
- Give the Beautiful Pearl to Captain Osric.
- Give the Beautiful Pendant to Captain Osric.
- Return to Captain Osric for your reward.
- 250 Experience
- Inscribed Chakram
To trigger the quest, first listen to a conversation between Prince Rurik and Captain Osric that takes place just to the west of the Ascalon City portal towards the Actors Stage. When it finishes, talk to Osric to accept the quest. You can collect all of the three beautiful items at any time.
All three items are located in Lakeside County: the Beautiful Feather is in the middle of Ashford Village, on a hill behind some fences. The Beautiful Pearl is near the Beautiful Shell, not far from the watermill. The Beautiful Pendant is in the mountain pass North East of the Bandit Camp between Ashford Village and Ascalon City.
You can choose how you complete the quest: (1) as intended or (2) taking a shortcut. Your decision will not affect the storyline.
- As intended: Obtain all three items and return to Captain Osric. Regardless of the order you present them, he will reject the first two and select the third as the gift, allowing you to conclude the quest and obtain the reward. Or...
- Shortcut: Collect any one of the items, then speak to Lady Althea (who is located in front of the Actors' Stage). She will accept the single beautiful item to conclude the quest and grant you the reward.
- Captain Osric
- "I have a very important mission for you, «name». The prince's love, Althea, will celebrate her birthday tomorrow. The prince has charged me with finding the perfect gift, one that is as unique and beautiful as Althea herself. What do you say? Can you help me?"
- Captain Osric
- "Have you found the perfect gift yet? Remember: Like Lady Althea, it must be beautiful."
- ⇒ Give Beautiful Feather
- "This is a magnificent feather. One could probably fashion an exquisite writing quill from it, but I believe we need something a bit more regal for our Lady. Please keep looking."
- ⇒ Give Beautiful Pearl
- "A pearl? Simple, elegant...but Lady Althea must have something unique and more personal. Please keep looking."
- ⇒ Give Beautiful Pendant
- "This is a magnificent piece of jewelry, however, I believe we need something a little less...worn to present to our Lady. Please keep looking."
- Captain Osric
- "Wherever did you find this,[sic] «item»? Yes, this is the perfect gift for Althea! Prince Rurik will be delighted. I'll make sure he knows of your involvement in obtaining the one thing that is sure to please his lady."
- Lady Althea
- "What's this? Does Rurik think I care one whit what gift he gives me? What matters is that a gift comes from the heart. That he choose it himself is all I ask. You can put an end to this nonsense at once. I'll have a talk with Osric and Rurik myself!"
- You may choose to either give the items to Lady Althea or Captain Osric. Captain Osric requires you to retrieve all three items, whereas Lady Althea requires only one item.
- If you are carrying more than one of the items, Lady Althea will take as many of the three as you have.
- You can give Captain Osric the items in any order, he will pick the last one given as the gift.
- Having Charr at the Gate active means the Beautiful Feather, the chest holding the Beautiful Pendant, and the Beautiful Shell holding the Beautiful Pearl do not spawn. Otherwise, even without A Gift for Althea active, all 3 will spawn.
- Similarly, having Charr at the Gate active makes it impossible to initiate this quest, since Osric and Rurik will not initiate their conversation about Althea. You can begin the quest once you re-zone and talk to Osric.