Order of damage modifiers
Whenever a character deals damage to another character, various things such as armor, skill effects, and damage reduction can change the amount of damage that would be dealt.
Things that modify damage happen in the following order, from top to bottom:
- Life steal/Health loss *
- Base weapon damage
- Linear elemental damage buffs
- Armor, armor penetration, character levels and other modifiers. See Damage calculation.
- Attack Skill Damage and linear non-elemental damage buffs
- Xinrae's Weapon
- Defy Pain
- Shield Inscriptions
- Dark Escape
- Reverse Hex
- Protective Bond
- Group (In order of application)
- "They're on Fire!"
- Mark of Protection
- Group (in order of application)
- Life steal and health loss happen before all other damage, but life steal can be modified by some protective skills.
- Entries with (assumed) indicate that they have not actually been tested, but that other nearly identical skills performed as such.