- Unless they changed this recently, that isn't true. The cutscene triggers once The Drought AND both Droughtlings next to it die. Thus, it isn't impossible to cap it, just slightly difficult. Doll 13:04, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- Seriously, as long as you bring something to shut The Drought down you can easily bum-rush him. The Droughtlings are more of an annoyance than a threat. --Valshia 18:35, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- Indeed, the biggest issue is that you have to keep a droughtling alive long enough to cap :). As youre an ele anyway you could just use Iron Mist for that. Killing is a piece of cake, an IAS'ed Ranger with Choking Gas will interrupt most damage and Winter will prevent the damage doubling, in case any spells do get through. --Tenshi 15:45, 26 December 2007 (UTC)
SS suckks anyway..
- Some educated guesses...with Glyph of Elemental Power, Elemental Lord, Intensity and 16 base Earth prayers it would net (350+350)x1.25= 875 total potential dmg. When the foe notices and runs use Earthquake, followed by Dragon's Stomp (just a thought). That would net about 750 (on non-attackers) to 950 (attackers) AoE damage easily. Sounds painful ;7 --Tenshi 15:45, 26 December 2007 (UTC)
Savannah Heat>Sandstorm. Savannah heat has a lower energy cost, deals more damage in the area of affect, combines well with Mark of Rodgort (to deal over four hundred damage), and shorter recast time. Sandstorm has a higher energy cost, deals only extra damage if the target foe is attacking in the radius, smaller radius (yes you can see the radius for this skill ), does not combine well with any other skill because if your combining it with another knockdown you will lose the extra damage from this skill since the target will not be able to attack while being knocked down, and longer recast time. This skill does not deserve elite status and if your using it your only losing your potential has a party member.William Wallace 20:17, 24 March 2008 (UTC)
- Sandstorm has the same AoE as Savannah heat, only it lasts longer. This is actually the only AoE in the game what has "nearby" radius as well as 10 seconds duration. --Ckal Ktak 16:54, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
Yeah but only does extra damage if the enemey is attacking (with standstorm that is) and althought it does last longer your stil spending unncessary energy when you can use savannah heat which is much cheaper shorter recast time and guaranteed to do excesive amounts of damage.William Wallace 11:08, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
- I actually look at this as a defensive skill... When the NPC melee fighters charge your caster line, fire this off - they'll either run away, effectively eliminating their threat, or they keep attacking and take absolutely grievous damage. KrelusDerian 01:37, 28
April 2008 (UTC)
- Just cast ward against harm/melee and then sandstorm wehn theyre right up in ur face and since most ppl in RA are dumb they just stand there and die. You can also speed it up with ebon hawk, glowstone, and magnetic surge.Syntheticfibers 23:23, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
Bigger visual effect?
I think that sandstorm's effect just looks to small, i mean you create a sandstorm there, shouldnt there be a little more then a little sand flying around? I know ANet dosnt check the wiki, so just wanted to see who agrees with me -- C4K3 13:36, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Grains of sand are too heavy to create an actual storm. A sandstorm itself is only 3 feet high. Laserblasto! 18:19, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Nope they can actually grow that big even if it is photoshopped it still happensCactus 21:34, 19 November 2010 (UTC) That looks like its from the freaking dustbowl
Why is this 15e?
- because it lasts longer and does twice as much damage 220.127.116.11 07:44, 24 February 2019 (UTC)