The Elementalist Experiment
|The Elementalist Experiment|
|Given by||Elementalist Aziure |
in Wizard's Folly
(Profession: primary or secondary)
Location of Elementalist Aziure
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- primary or secondary
- Completed primary profession test (elementalist, mesmer, monk, necromancer, ranger, or warrior)
- Character in pre-Searing
- Use your Fire Storm spell to defeat the ice beasts that attack Aziure.
- Return to Elementalist Aziure for your reward.
- Aziure will give you the following skills upon taking the quest:
- 250 Experience
Upon accepting the quest, simply wait for the Ice Elemental Shards to spawn and then cast Fire Storm. Since the Ice Elemental Shards take double damage from fire, a single Fire Storm at 0 Fire Magic will take most, if not all, of their health. Once all 3 waves of the Ice Elemental Shards have been killed, talk to Aziure to get your reward.
- Elementalist Aziure
- "Perhaps you can help me with a spell I am working on. The Order has asked me to investigate the disciplines of Water Magic, and so I have worked very hard to ready this place for the final casting. But each time I attempt to cast my wards, ice beasts appear and attack me, and I have to stop what I'm doing to fend them off. I will give you the skills necessary to defeat them. If you can just keep them from hurting me too much, I should be able to finish researching the Ward Against Harm spell. What do you say?"
- Accept: "I am ready."
- Decline: "No, not right now."
- Ask: "I am still preparing for the final cast. Be on the lookout for those ice beasts and keep your Fire Storm ready. Best to wait for them to stop moving before you cast."
- Elementalist Aziure
- "Well done! The ward works, but it is still very unstable. It will no doubt take me years to perfect it.
- Your understanding of magic use is impressive."
- If Aziure is killed you cannot accept the reward for this quest, so kill the Ice Elemental Shards before they can kill her.
- Unlocks Elementalist for secondary profession.
- Some players may find it interesting (for experience and drops) to do the quest over and over, zoning back to Foible's Fair, abandoning the quest and going back to Aziure. However the Ice Elemental Shards are lvl1 (compared to the lvl3 regular Ice Elemental) and do not drop Icy Lodestones.