The Eternal Forgemaster
|The Eternal Forgemaster|
|Section||Fissure of Woe Quests|
|Given by|| Eternal Weaponsmith |
in The Fissure of Woe
(Fissure of Woe)
|Followed by||Defend the Temple of War|
Clear out the great Temple of War in the center of the Fissure and seek out the Eternal Forgemaster for armor fitting of a great hero. This is the start of the quest chain necessary to craft Obsidian armor.
- Clear the Temple of War of enemies!
- Seek out the Forgemaster at the temple of War.
- See Eternal Forgemaster for your reward.
- 5,000 Experience
To spawn the Eternal Weaponsmith to get this quest, clear out the camp on the west side of the Great Battle Field.
The Temple sits atop the large hill in the center of the Fissure, and is guarded by some sizable groups of Shadow Army. It is possible to make them and nearby Skeleton Army groups aggro each other to weaken them. When the groups leading up to the Temple are dead, the gate will open. Inside are groups of Shadow Monks and Shadow Mesmers guarding the ramps to the central alter, with groups of Abyssals and Shadow Beasts patroling between them. Pull the first patrol to the door and away from the monks, then work your way around the Temple taking out one group at a time. Atop the central platform are Shadow Rangers and more Shadow Beasts. Clear these out and the Eternal Forgemaster will spawn with your reward.
Do not take the following quest until your party is ready.
- 28 (30) Abyssal
- 24 (26) Shadow Ranger
- 24 (26) Shadow Monk
- 28 (30) Shadow Beast
- 24 (26) Shadow Mesmer
- Eternal Weaponsmith
- "Mortal, aren't you? You must be some sort of hero to be welcomed into the domain of the God of War. I can improve any weapons you find, but if you wish to bear armor more fitting to your heroism, you should seek out the Forgemaster at the heart of the Temple of War."
- Accept: "Thanks for the advice."
- Decline: "I am not here for material gain!"
- Ask: "Few are the mortals who have ever worn armor crafted by the Forgemaster himself. While you are here and the favor of Balthazar is upon you, you should find the Forgemaster and learn whether or not he deems you worthy of wearing his masterful creations."
- Eternal Forgemaster
- "You have helped rid the Temple of War of the vile servants of Menzies. For this do I deem you worthy to receive armor crafted at the forge in the center of the Temple. Bring to me the materials required, and I shall create for you whatever armor you desire."
- Despite the reward dialogue, you still need to do two more quests to craft Obsidian armor, Defend the Temple of War and Restore the Temple of War.
- There are spots on the right side of each access ramp of the forge that allows non-tanking players to hide.
- Both the north and south ramps provide such narrow access that they are easily body-blocked should the foes attempt to go round the barriers.
- This quest was added in the May 11, 2005 update.