Abyssals are the heavy melee fighters of the Shadow Army. They can massacre spell casters and warriors alike, especially with Deep Wound and knock downs. In addition to their knock down skills, Abyssals also knock down foes whenever they score critical hits.
Fissure of Woe
Domain of Anguish
- Blind, weakness and interruption are good against Abyssals. Traps are also useful against them.
- Spellcasters should avoid direct confrontation with Abyssals. They are capable of dishing out great damage, knockdowns and brutal interrupts, taking out a caster in three hits, during which the victim will not have a chance to cast anything or run away.
- Miniature Abyssal is based upon these creatures.
- There is an Abyssal Tonic.
- Abyssals in the Domain of Anguish use Battle Rage even though it is their only adrenaline based skill.
- The icon used for monster skills in Prophecies resembles Abyssal's face.
- Deals blunt damage.