The Forge Heart
|The Forge Heart|
|Section||Sorrow's Furnace Quests|
|Given by|| Ennis Granitestrider |
in Sorrow's Furnace
|Part of||The Final Assault|
(Click to enlarge)
Fight your way to the end of the Furnace, there destroying the Iron Forgeman.
- Destroy all three of the Rage Binders controlling the Iron Forgeman at the same time.
- Destroy [3..0] more flame djinn.
- See Ennis Granitestrider for your reward.
- 8,000 Experience
After talking to Ennis Granitestrider inside Sorrow's Furnace, Budger Blackpowder will accompany you. He will provide you with explosive Dwarven Powder Kegs, which will be used to blow up sealed doors inside this area (master gears won't work on the doors -- only on the bridge). Budger Blackpowder cannot die, and will not help out in battle. He does tend to stand in the middle of skirmishes, getting in your way, though. If you find he's gone missing, he may be stuck behind the crushing traps; run back and he should begin to follow you again when you're back within range.
You start at the upper left corner of the map, and your objective is to reach the lower right-hand corner. Most of the enemies you encounter along the way are not difficult to kill. Towards the end of the journey, there will be a few groups of enemies together — pull small groups to avoid getting the attention of all of them at once.
You'll find The Iron Forgeman in a walled area surrounded by a number of guards. There are three Rage Binders accompanied by two Furnace Guardians, and one roaming Stone Summit patrol. In addition, while you are inside the walled area, The Iron Forgeman will dump lava on your group and hit you with a wrecking ball if you are stationary.
The easiest method is to take your time, and eliminate each group of Furnace Guardians first, and then the patrol.
There will be three Rage Binders left. When you kill one, it will respawn in about 30-45 seconds. You have to kill all three of them in a short amount of time. With a group of human players, this is fairly easy since you can split up into two teams. With heroes/henchmen only, it will be harder. You may have to race around the circle killing them as fast as you can. A speed boost can be handy, as can interrupt for the Life Siphon that the Rage Binders use.
- Don't kill the first one with slow-recharging skills, since there is no hurry killing the first. Your skills can better serve defeating the second.
- It may be possible to damage one of the Rage Binders, and then move on to the second. In this way, the first will be killed faster when you come back to it.
- Experienced players with heroes/henchmen can flag your heroes around one Rage Binder to keep it killed, while you and the henchmen kill the other 2 Rage Binders.
- Alternatively, if using a full party of heroes, you can kill the middle Rage Binder first then flag half of your heroes to one of the remaining Rage Binders and accompany half to the other, if your builds are good enough they should easily kill both in time.
When you have killed all three you will get to see a cut-scene.
There will now be three Flame Djinn in the circle. You most certainly don't want to aggro all of them at the same time, so get back out of the circle quickly to regenerate. Pull one of them at a time outside the circle and interrupt the Consuming Flames skill to kill it faster. Even with a large Death Penalty it shouldn't be too big of a problem to kill one of them.
- Pain Inverter is highly effective if used when the Flame Djinn is using Consuming Flames resulting in it losing almost half of its health if 5 party members are next to it.
If there are two Djinn stuck together, keep trying to pull one of them away from the other one. There's a resurrection shrine nearby, so you have all the time in the world. Some parties can probably kill two djinn at the same time, but with a large death penalty it will not work. But even with a full death penalty, a minion master can mitigate a large amount of damage from the djinns.
Now that you've killed all three djinn, talk to Ennis Granitestrider to complete the quest.
- 24 (26) Rage Binder (3 in total)
- 28 (30) Flame Djinn (3 in total)
Dwarves (Stone Summit)
- 28 (30) Malinon Threshammer → Dwarven Battle Stance (Malinon's Malign Hammer, Malinon's Shield, Malinon's Skull Crusher)
- 28 (30) Ivor Helmhewer → Mark of Protection (Ivor's Icon, Ivor's Smiting Rod, Ivor's Staff)
- 28 (30) Korvald Willcrusher → Crippling Anguish (Korvald's Cane, Korvald's Chakram, Willcrusher)
- 28 (30) Rago Kindlerock (Rago's Flame Staff, Rago's Flame Wand, The Kindlerock)
- Ennis Granitestrider
- "We appreciate all ye've done for us so far. Ye know far more about the operations here than any Deldrimor scout, including myself. I have only one last request: destroy the heart of this foul place...the Iron Forgeman.
- The Summit's nefarious rage binders harness a tremendous power from within the construct. If ye can destroy all three binders at the same time, the powers will be released, and the Iron Forgeman will be destroyed in the process. I suggest ye take Mr. Blackpowder here with ye. He'll provide all the bang ye need."
The Forge Heart (cinematic) plays upon defeating all three Rage Binders at the same time.
- Ennis Granitestrider
- "Ye've done it. The Iron Forgeman is little more than a pile of rubble, and ye made it out of the Furnace without blowing off any of yer fingers. Well done."
- This quest is only available if the party enters Sorrow's Furnace while accompanied by Budger Blackpowder and Ennis Granitestrider, who will only follow players who have completed To Sorrow's Furnace. This means that a party member who has completed To Sorrow's Furnace and The Final Assault at least once, can make this quest available for other party members who have not.
- As with other quests in elite areas, you must claim your quest reward before exiting Sorrow's Furnace.