User:Raine Valen/Musings/Skill Ratings
- 1 Warrior Skills
- 2 Ranger Skills
- 3 Elementalist Skills
- 4 Mesmer Skills
- 5 Necromancer Skills
- 6 Monk Skills
- 7 Assassin Skills
- 8 Ritualist Skills
- 9 Dervish Skills
- 10 Paragon Skills
This is just the data, I haven't taken the time to make this page pretty yet. The values are, in order:
- Damage: a skill's ability to generate pressure through damage, lifesteal, or degeneration.
- Offensive Utility: a skill's ability to make foes more vulnerable to damage. Examples include snares, knockdowns, enchantment removal, and cracked armor.
- Offensive Support: a skill's ability to make allies better able to cause damage. Examples include Conjures, "Go for the Eyes!", and IMS. All attack skills with faster-than-normal activation times support offense.
- Healing: a skill's ability to restore health lost to damage, lifesteal, or degeneration.
- Defensive Utility: a skill's ability to hamper foes' ability to cause damage. Examples include snares, blind, Reckless Haste, and weakness.
- Defensive Support: a skill's ability to increase allies' survivability. Examples include Protection Prayers, hex removal, and IMS.
- Ease of Use: a skill's ability to successfully be used often and to best effectiveness. Conditionality, cost, range, and activation time all factor into this rating.
Also, certain skills will have notes that that are to dictate the way that these skills affect other skills for the purpose of rating. It should be pretty simple. For example, Healer's Boon would say, "Increase the Healing rating for all equipped Healing Prayers skills on the bar by 50%."
Additionally, all ratings are relative to other skills at the same attribute.
Finally, though I'd think it would be obvious, this page is subjective. If you feel that I've inappropriately rated something, feel free to express your dissent on the talk page. Further, if there's a skill that's not on here, feel free to add it. As always, I enjoy feedback. Raine - talk 19:19, 23 January 2009 (UTC)