The basic idea is that a tank runs past all foes to get to Thommis and then pulls the boss' group towards a wall that is close to the level's entrance. This allows the remaining 7 party members to destroy the group without much risk. Once Thommis dies, a portion of the wall comes down, allowing the team easy access to a Chest of the Slaver, which has a small chance to drop a Voltaic Spear. While players are opening the chest, the tank draws aggro of the remaining foes. A single run takes about seven minutes, including the running time from Umbral Grotto.
- Detailed technique
- Parties are usually formed in Umbral Grotto.
- The tank is almost always a Perma Shadow Form.
- Most nukers take full advantage of the BiP Necromancer to avoid bringing their own energy management.
- Frozen Soil is recommended as Thommis' group usually includes multiple foes with resurrection skills. Edge of Extinction is also helpful (usually taken on the same bar).
- There is typically a Healers Boon monk who uses Heal Party to heal the tank as he runs into compass range under heavy fire, again with support from the BiP necromancer.
- The remaining players bring a heavy nuking build, often Ray of Judgment monks.