|Number of skills||8|
Wells are special Necromantic spells that utilize the energy of corpses. In order to conjure a well you must have a nearby corpse. Using a corpse to conjure a well will "exploit" that corpse so that it may not be used to conjure additional wells or summon minions. A well will always affect the area around the corpse that was used to conjure it, creating a glowing circle of energy to indicate its area of effect.
— Selah, Expert Necromancer
- Unique to the Necromancer profession.
- Always exploits a corpse; the Area of Effect is in the area of the corpse.
- Always have an effect while active; some also have an end effect.
- Affects either allies or foes, never both.
- Like all spells, they
- Degeneration from a well spell does not cause aggro and wells do not cause monsters to flee.
- The Bloodstained armor bonus affects well spells as they are all corpse exploitation.
- Well spells can be offensive, such as Well of Suffering, or defensive, such as Well of Blood.
- Overlapping wells of the same type do not stack.
- Most wells' symbol (marking the center of its area of effect) is a six-pointed star, similar to a Star of David.
List of well spells
|Well of Blood||Well Spell. (8...18...20 seconds.) Allies in this well have +1...5...6 Health regeneration. Exploits a fresh corpse.||10||1||2||Blood MagicZ||Core|
|Well of Darkness||Well Spell. (5...41...50 seconds.) Hexed foes in this well have 50% chance to miss. Exploits a fresh corpse.||10||1||20||CursesZ||Nightfall|
|Well of Power||Elite Well Spell. (8...18...20 seconds.) Allies in this well have +1...5...6 Health regeneration and +2 Energy regeneration. Exploits a fresh corpse.||5||1||15||Blood MagicZ||Prophecies|
|Well of Ruin||Well Spell. (5...25...30 seconds.) Inflicts Cracked Armor condition (5...17...20 seconds) to any foe in the well that takes physical damage. Exploits a fresh corpse.||10||1||20||CursesZ||Eye of the North|
|Well of Silence||Well Spell. (10...26...30 seconds.) Foes in this well cannot use shouts and chants and have -1...3...4 Health degeneration. Exploits a fresh corpse.||10||1||20||CursesZ||Nightfall|
|Well of Suffering||Well Spell. (10...26...30 seconds.) Foes in this well have -1...5...6 Health degeneration. Exploits a fresh corpse.||10||1||10||Death MagicZ||Prophecies|
|Well of Weariness||Well Spell. (10...46...55 seconds.) Foes in this well have -1 Energy degeneration. Exploits a fresh corpse.||5||1||5||CursesZ||Factions|
|Well of the Profane||Well Spell. (8...18...20 seconds.) Foes in this well lose all enchantments and cannot be the target of further enchantments. Exploits a fresh corpse. 50% failure chance unless Death Magic 5 or more.||25||3||10||Death MagicZ||Core|
Skills with well-like effect
|Holiday Blues||Spell. Deals 50 damage to nearby foes. Foes within the area have -15 Health degeneration (30 seconds).||50%||1||45||Z||Core|
|Tear Gas||Spell. Deals 50 fire damage to target and adjacent foes. Creates a Smoke Screen (10 seconds) that applies poison (10 seconds) and prevents spellcasting.||10||½||20||Z||Core|