A cinematic is a cutscene that appears during a mission or quest and gives the player historical and/or tactical information about it. Most missions have a cinematic in the middle, and another one after completing the mission.
 Cinematics by campaign
Please note that all lists (except core) contain spoilers.
- During a cinematic, all party members will appear in the cinematic, even the ones that were dead prior to the start of the cinematic.
- After a cinematic, all dead party members will be resurrected with 1 health.
- Minions do not lose health during cinematics.
- If you are disconnected during a cinematic and manage to reconnect, you will not be able to see the scene.
- All players need to select "Skip" to bypass the remainder of the cinematic.
- During cinematics, the party leader is the character doing the talking (if any) for the party.
- When a cinematic is displayed upon the first entry into a mission outpost, there is usually an NPC available in the outpost to redisplay the cinematic (excluding Prophecies outposts). Redisplaying a cinematic via an NPC in the outpost will remove the player from the party.
- If the party leader has a pet, usually the pet will stand right on top of the character making it hard to see him/her. Tall birds (Moa Bird, Flamingo, Crane, etc.) usually do the most hiding, and will run in front of their owner when movement is involved.
- Minions that are masterless prior to the start of a cinematic will often attack and possibly kill defenseless allied non-player characters and characters. If not masterless, they will attack hostile targets who are part of the cinematic or they can block the camera view.