Costume slots
Costume slots are located in your Inventory window, under the cape and weapon slots, making it possible to wear a festival hat and/or a costume, at the same time with your armor. Festive hats in your inventory prior to the December 17th, 2009 update will still replace your headgear, and not make use of the Costume Headpiece slot. Costume slots can only hold a costume, and/or a festival hat.
- Costumes are available from the Guild Wars In-Game Store; once purchased, they become unlocked for all characters on the account and can be acquired unlimited times from Costume makers with no additional cost.
- Festival hats are available at many Special events. Previously acquired festival hats are acquired from Festival hat makers by paying a 10 fee for each new hat made, as long as those hats have been shown to a hat maker first.
All costumes share the same general properties, most notably that they are purely cosmetic: even though they have the appearance of armor, they will never offer any in-game advantages:
- Costumes will never have an armor rating. They cannot be upgraded, using runes or insignias.
- They cannot be salvaged for materials.
- They cannot be displayed during PvP combat.
- They can be dyed.
- All costumes can be dyed; however, only a few festival hats can be colored.
- Certain portions of the costumes will not change color when dyed. Some will accept dye, but will not change at all. See each costume page for specific details.
- Dye combinations can sometimes produce unexpected results. The Silver Dye used in combination has been found to have this effect the most.
- Costumes are not disguises: players keep their profession-based emotes and Divine Auras remain visible.
- The two costume inventory slots were added in the 17 December 2009 game update, when existing festival hats were converted to costume headpieces from armor.
- The March 10th, 2011 update fixed a bug that caused the character selection screen to display costumes with the wrong colors.
- Grenth and Dwayna Wintersday Costumes
- Shining Blade and White Mantle Costumes
- Lich and Lunatic Court Halloween Costumes
- Wedding Couple Attire, Formal Attire, and Dapper Tuxedo Costumes
- Costume Frequently Asked Questions