Round 1: Fight!
|Round 1: Fight!|
|Section||Far Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Magni the Bison |
in Gunnar's Hold
|Followed by||Round 2: Fight!|
|Type|| Secondary quest |
Win round one of the Norn Fighting Tournament. This is the start of the Norn Fighting Tournament quest chain.
 Quest information
- Enter the tournament and defeat your first round opponent.
- No quest reward
- You gain 5 Norn reputation points for killing your foe (unless Norn rank 8 or above)
- You gain a quest reward after beating all 6 rounds, see Final Round: Fight! (first time completion) or Final Round, Championship Edition: Fight! (for repeated victories)
 Initial dialogue
- You have something of a reputation among the other weaklings. But you will still need to defeat five opponents in my tournament before earning the right to face me, your sixth and final challenge!"
- Magni the Bison
- "[Solo Quest] You have returned, <character name>! Ah, I can see the desire to fight boiling within your blood. Lucky for you, I have once again brought together many powerful warriors for this, the championship edition of my fighting tournament. Do you still have what it takes to challenge and defeat six opponents? Or has the time spent away from the ring made you soft and weak? Show me the prowess you displayed when you became the first to ever best me, Magni the Bison!"
Options for both first and championship edition:
- Magni the Bison
- Accept: "I'll defeat more than one opponent before I'm through."
- Decline: "I'm not here to play games. Your tournament can wait."
- Ask: "I'm certain I would have been told if you had defeated all six of your opponents in my tournament. I haven't, so you still have someone to fight. If you don't return again, I won't be surprised."
 Intermediate dialogue
- Gellir Frostshield
- I am ready to enter the tournament.
- These battles you must face alone. You will be separated from your party and taken to the tournament grounds. Are you prepared?
- Yes. (Takes 100 gold and sent to The Norn Fighting Tournament.)
- What's this? Are you trying to cheat me? You can't fight unless you're willing to pay the price! Return to me when you have 100 gold, and then you may enter. (If so.)
(Additional intermediate dialogue depends on which opponent you are facing. See the Norn Fighting Tournament article for the dialogue and quotes.)
 Reward dialogue
- (None, but reward dialogue can be seen in either Final Round: Fight! or Final Round, Championship Edition: Fight!)
- Talk to Gellir Frostshield to start the tournament. A fee of 100 is automatically deducted from your character upon confirmation.
- Round one opponents may be Kilroy, Kisai, Little Thom, Lo Sha, Sogolon, or the Great Zehtuka. Please refer to the Norn Fighting Tournament article for details on their skill sets.
- This quest is automatically completed upon defeating the round 1 opponent. The follow-up quest Round 2: Fight! is automatically accepted (that is, if you win round 1.)
- As your character progresses through the quest chain (i.e. tournament rounds), should your character lose, your quest log will again show this quest as not completed, allowing you to talk to Gellir Frostshield to start again without needing to re-acquire this quest from Magni the Bison.
- For the detail of spectators' quotes, see talk page.
- You can use Heart of the Norn to gain extra health depending on the title rank for an extra boost.
- The name of this quest (and the follow-up quests) appears to be a reference to old competitive fighting arcade games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. In those games, at the start of a round, the narrator usually calls out "Round one, fight!".
- The first quest reward includes the PvE-only skill, A Touch of Guile. There is a character in Street Fighter II known as Guile.
- The same quest reward also offers the "Finish Him!" PvE-only skill. In Mortal Kombat, the finishing move (a fatality) is preceded by the narrator shouting out "Finish him!".
- "Dodge This!" is a line from the Matrix when Trinity shoots one of the agents at point blank range.