Wanted: Amalek the Unmerciful
|Wanted: Amalek the Unmerciful|
|Storyline||Beyond: War in Kryta|
|Prophecies and Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Wanted by the Shining Blade |
in Lion's Arch Keep
Location in Watchtower Coast.
Kill Amalek the Unmerciful.
- Kill Amalek the Unmerciful in Watchtower Coast
- *BONUS* Kill Amalek the Unmerciful in Hard Mode
- See Princess Salma for your reward
- 3,000 Experience
- 750 Gold
- Complete the Base Objective for 10 War Supplies
- Complete the *BONUS* Objective for an additional 5 War Supplies
Start from Divinity Coast and follow the map towards the second clearing and head up the slope to your left, towards the resurrection shrine, i.e. do not follow the road. (If you have trouble using the keyboard to navigate the route, click at the top of the incline, near the shrine, leaving it to the game's pathfinding AI.)
After the shrine, keep to your left, heading north and counter-clockwise to reach Amalek due north, but around the corner from the shrine. The number of groups you encounter along the way depend on several factors: which foes spawn, their party composition, and how close to each other. Amalek's group is easy enough to defeat on its own, although the boss does bring condition and hex removal that can slow you down.
However, the difficulty in reaching Amalek ranges from trivial to among the most difficult routes of all 21 of the Shining Blade bounties. Since the Mantle and Peacekeepers are hostile to the Tengu, Mergoyle, and Bog Skale, you can sometimes find only a few foes to mop up. In rare situations, a Mergoyle boss group will spawn close to Amalek and defeat him before you get close (allowing you to immediately return to Lion's Arch Keep for your reward); the only indication of this is when you receive the morale boost and your quest log updates.
In contrast, you can also end up with up to four groups of Mantle/Peacekeepers before reaching your target. The first group (located just after the resurrection shrine) is small and presents no trouble. However, the remaining full-strength groups typically overlap and can wipe even a well-balanced party. The second group is stationary, on the northeast corner of the bluffs (before you have to turn west); they can be pulled south, away from the remaining groups. The third group walks a tight-patrol path on the slope between the second group and the edge of Amalek's protective zone; you can pull them east (to the second group's original location). The fourth group is a patrol; you can avoid them with careful timing, although some find it safer to pull them south so that they do not combine forces with Amalek's team.
- Wanted by the Shining Blade
- "Amalek the Unmerciful is but one of many swaggering bandit leaders who has taken advantage of Kryta's misfortunes for personal gain. This particularly brutal thug thinks nothing of pummeling any who dare look at him askance or question his unreasonable orders. The allies of Kryta who exact lethal justice on Amalek will receive both gratitude and a reward from Queen Salma."
- After completion of the War in Kryta
- "Re-create this bounty hunt from the War in Kryta! Amalek the Unmerciful was a swaggering bandit leader who took advantage of Kryta's misfortunes his for personal gain. A particularly brutal thug, Amalek thought nothing of pummeling any who dared look at him askance or question his unreasonable orders. Allies of Kryta exacted lethal justice on Amalek; now, you can do the same by reliving this famous wartime bounty hunt!"
- Princess Salma
- "Thank you <player name>, your efforts bring us one step closer to a unified nation."