Wanted by the Shining Blade
|Wanted by the Shining Blade|
Paths to the 21 bosses.
The Wanted by the Shining Blade signpost in Lion's Arch Keep is an NPC that offers a quest for gold, experience, and War Supplies. You can get the quest rewards from Princess Salma in Lion's Arch Keep.
- Inquisitor bounties
|Inquisitor Bauer||Scoundrel's Rise||1000||20||30|
|Inquisitor Lashona||North Kryta Province||1000||20||30|
|Inquisitor Lovisa||Watchtower Coast||1000||20||30|
|Total 1||3 0||60||90|
- 1These are the rewards you will get when you complete the Bounties. War supply values represent the total war supplies gained for normal mode completion and hard mode completion respectively.
- Rotating quests
These quests are on a rotating cycle, which change daily at 16:00 UTC (9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time) at the Lion's Arch Keep. The current available quest, as of 11:32, 25 March 2017 UTC, is indicated in bold.
- 2These are the rewards you will get when you complete each of the bounties once. War supply values represent the total war supplies gained for normal mode completion and hard mode completion respectively.
- "Wanted by the Shining Blade"
If you have three active Wanted quests:
- "Shining Blade bounties are limited to 3 at one time."
- These quests are only given in Lion's Arch Keep, which means you must have witnessed dialogue 4 of the War in Kryta dialogues in the Shining Blade Camp, which, in turn, requires attending the Trial of Zinn. See flowchart for details.
- A character can only have 3 of these quests at a time.
- Each bounty always becomes available on the same day of the week, because there are 21 total bounties, which is divisible by 7.
- As with any other type of quest, other quests in the area can prevent the targeted bosses from spawning, e.g. Calamitous will not spawn in Watchtower Coast if the Halloween 2010 quest, Heirlooms of the Mad King is active.
There are some techniques that work well with any of the bounties:
- Frozen Soil suppresses the resurrection skills of the White Mantle and Peacekeepers, nearly any of which might carry hard or soft res.
- Pulling helps separate groups and gives the party a chance to strike first.
- Flag heroes and henchmen apart; the enemy uses plenty of area of effect (AoE) skills.
- Wait out patrols or tackle them away from stationary groups.
- In hard mode, your henchmen will be much stronger while your opponents will be only moderately more difficult.
- Try changing the composition of your party; parties and builds that are successful elsewhere might be less well-equipped for the War in Kryta.
- Focus on appropriate targets, usually the healers, but sometimes their highest damage dealers or, if you lack Frozen Soil, the foes carrying resurrection skills.
- Be willing to retreat when the battle turns against you; you can often avoid a wipe and put the enemy at a disadvantage in a new location.
- Take advantage of the terrain: use choke points to concentrate AoE skills, use objects to block ranged attacks, and place your ranged attackers on hills (for greater range and damage).
- Added in the May 21, 2010 update.
- These quests are similiar to the Zaishen Challenge Quests.
- The decline dialogue for these quests is a reference to the Edwin Starr song War.
- The original predictions page can be found here.
- You cannot take a quest if you already have that quest in your log.
- If you keep a bounty quest for the whole cycle and complete it on the day it repeats, it will not be offered again on that day.
This was the original order in which these quests were introduced:
- Insatiable Vakar
- Amalek the Unmerciful
- Carnak the Hungry
- Valis the Rampant
- Sarnia the Red-Handed
- Destor the Truth Seeker
- Selenas the Blunt
- Justiciar Amilyn
- Maximilian the Meticulous
- Joh the Hostile
- Barthimus the Provident
- Greves the Overbearing
- Lev the Condemned
- Justiciar Kimii
- Zaln the Jaded
- Justiciar Sevaan
- Justiciar Marron
- Justiciar Kasandra
- Vess the Disputant