From Guild Wars Wiki
- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for an explorable area during the War in Kryta and a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)||The Black Curtain|
 Getting there
- Northeast, at the exit into the Black Curtain.
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 2 (20) Brion Elston (collector for 4 Forest Minotaur Horns)
- 2 (20) Brynden Cromwell (collector for 4 Gargantuan Jawbones)
- 1 (20) William Pennington (collector for 4 Ivory Troll Tusks)
- 15 (20) Lionguard Gariol
 Charmable animals
- 5 (5) Lynx (central area and southeastern corner)
- 20 (26) Hill Giant
- 20 (26) Eyes of Verata
- 20 (26) Shepherd of Verata
- 20 (26) Apprentice of Verata
- 20 (26) Sage of Verata
- 19 (25) Forest Minotaur
- 20 (26) Fog Nightmare
- 20 (26) Fen Troll
Humans (White Mantle)
- 28 (30) Murk Darkshriek
- 24 (?) Plog Hamfist (does not always spawn)
- The only resurrection shrine is at the beginning of the area.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.1% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Some bosses do not spawn if the quest The Villainy of Galrath is active.
- Inch forward at the entrance to avoid triggering too many pop-ups (including Spined Aloes, Reed Stalkers, and Fog Nightmares).
- Apprentices of Verata will steal your party's minions using Verata's Gaze.
- Many consider this area more difficult than other areas in Kryta because of the Cult of Verata. If the War in Kryta is active, the area will also include Peacekeepers and White Mantle.
- Try to whittle cultist numbers by pulling them to the side of the cliff, where you can hide from the Eyes of Verata. If things go wrong, you can disengage without them being able to give chase.
- Stay spread out. The Eyes can shut down a bunched-up team using Choking Gas.
- The bosses (other than Verata) can be pulled from the rest of the mobs.
- Before tackling the area, you can build up a 10% morale boost without consumables by repeatedly killing Rage Maulhoof in The Black Curtain (just across the portal from Kessex Peak).
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests requires defeating around 190 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 156 to 205.
- The Villainy of Galrath quest reduces the number of foes by about 20.