North Kryta Province
From Guild Wars Wiki
- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for an explorable area during the War in Kryta and a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|North Kryta Province|
|Exit(s)|| Beneath Lion's Arch|
 Getting there
- Resurrection shrines
- Northwest corner, on the path to The Ascalon Settlement, near the west entrance.
- Northeast corner, on the path from the entrance from Scoundrel's Rise.
- Southern half, approximately half-way between the entrances to Lion's Arch and D'Alessio Seaboard, on the path running north.
- South-southeast, just outside the entrance to Lion's Arch.
- Southwest corner, just outside the entrance from D'Alessio Seaboard.
 Quests available
- Archivist Ithimar
- Captain Greywind
- Farmer Dirk
- Lionguard Riddik
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Defend North Kryta Province
- Evil Residents
- Evil Residents Code: Harmonica
- Graven Images
- Orrian Excavation
- The Last Hog
- Mhenlo's Request
- Mustering a Response
- 16 (20) Devona (prior to completion of The Ascalon Settlement, not present during Mhenlo's Request)
- 16 (20) Aidan (prior to completion of The Ascalon Settlement, not present during Mhenlo's Request)
- 16 (20) Mhenlo (prior to completion of The Ascalon Settlement, not present during Mhenlo's Request)
- 16 (20) Cynn (prior to completion of The Ascalon Settlement, not present during Mhenlo's Request)
- 1 (20) Farmer Dirk
- 1 (24) Prize-Winning Hog
- 10 (20) Ascalonian Settlers
- 10 (20) Settlement Guards
- 10 (20) Archivist Ithimar
- 10 (20) Damaris (prior to completion of The Ascalon Settlement, not present during Mhenlo's Request)
- 20 (20) Lionguard Riddik
- 15 (20) Lionscout Gabrian
- 10 (20) Dalos Ekarus
- 10 (20) Meika Ulrikar
- 1 (20) Crevasse (during What Lies Beneath; after the completion of What Lies Beneath, I Feel the Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet or Hole of Istan)
- 10 (20) Helton Wills (collector for 4 Hardened Humps)
- 2 (20) Leighton Cranford (collector for 4 Bog Skale Fins)
- 10 (20) Wintun the Black (collector for 4 Feathered Caromi Scalps)
- 20 (20) Captain Greywind (skill trainer)
 Charmable animals
- 5 Lynx
- 15 (25) Gypsie Ettin
- 14 (24) Mergoyle
- 20 (26) Fog Nightmare
- 11 (24) Bog Skale
- 15 (28) Smuush Fatfist
- 15 (28) Nav Sharpquill
- 15 (28) Squaw Nimblecrest
- 15 (28) Swoop Needlegrip
- 15 (28) Rawr Wildeye
- 15 (28) Pello Agileclaw
- 15 (28) Chuff Quickbeak
Outside Lion's Arch, prior to completion of The Ascalon Settlement:
- Cynn: "It's a good thing you've got a job as a merchant because you make a terrible tour guide."
- Damaris: "I am doing my best to help you find the Ascalon Settlement."
- Mhenlo: "Cynn, we only just arrived in Kryta. Please don't get us thrown out already."
- Cynn: "I'm just saying, I could get better directions from an imp."
- Aidan: "Though I doubt you could get us thrown out of an entire country, I would prefer you not try, Cynn."
- Devona: "I am sorry for my companion's rudeness, Damaris. Please continue."
- Damaris: "It's quite all right. You'll find the Ascalon Settlement to the northwest."
- Damaris: "It's not far from the shores of the Giant's Basin...the great salt lake out past the swamp."
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.6% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 185 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 126 to 241.
- More foes during Graven Images and fewer foes during Defend North Kryta Province.
- Elemental damage protection can help against the Fire and Inferno Imps. Remember to spread out before engaging them.
- Bring hex removal skills, to counter the Mergoyles and Skales.
- Prophecies characters who have not completed the Ascalon Settlement can have Mhenlo, Cynn, Devona, and Aidan help vanquish the area. (They will be level 20 but possess no elite skills.)
- During Mustering a Response (before speaking with Captain Greywind), it's been reported to have fewer than 160 foes.
|Explorable areas in Kryta|
|Cursed Lands • Kessex Peak • Lion's Gate • Majesty's Rest • Nebo Terrace • North Kryta Province • Scoundrel's Rise • Stingray Strand • Talmark Wilderness • Tears of the Fallen • The Black Curtain • Twin Serpent Lakes • Watchtower Coast|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|