The Ascalon Settlement
|The Ascalon Settlement|
|Given by|| Damaris |
in North Kryta Province
(Click to enlarge)
Lead your party to the Ascalon Settlement.
- Speak with Devona.
- Lead your party north to the Ascalon Settlement.
- See Captain Greywind [Skills] for your reward.
Immediately after entering North Kryta Province, you witness a dialogue between Damaris and four NPCs. Wait until they finish, talk to Damaris first, then Devona later and a quest marker will point towards the settlement. Aidan, Cynn, Devona, and Mhenlo will follow you. You can take two different routes: the red route on the wiki map has a few Bog Skales and no War in Kryta spawns (if War in Kryta is active), while the purple route has War in Kryta spawns and many Tengu. The settlement is at the northwest corner of the explorable area. Devona must survive to obtain the rewards when talking to Captain Greywind.
- "I've been trying to tell your friends here how to get to the Ascalon Settlement, but the rude woman keeps interrupting me. The Settlement [sic] is northwest of here. You should be able to follow the signs and get there safely. Perhaps you could lead your friends there, <character name>? I would take you myself, but there are rumors that the Shining Blade has been seen in the area.
- Will you lead your friends to the Ascalon Settlement?"
- Devona: "We should get going. The sooner we can get to the settlement, [sic] the better. I hear Captain Greywind is overseeing things, so we should check with him when we get there. Lead the way, <character name>, and we'll follow."
At the entry to the settlement:
- Devona: "At last! The Ascalon Settlement. We should locate Captain Greywind with all haste."
- Devona: "Thank you for your companionship on the journey, <character name>. As always, it was a pleasure to fight at your side."
- Mhenlo: "Farewell, <character name>. May Dwayna keep you safe and Balthazar lend you strength."
- Captain Greywind
- Welcome to our new home. I can't help but think that it's tragic for us to have fought so hard and come so far only to land in a place like this. Ettins and Tengu assault us from all sides, not to mention those skale and imps. To make matters worse, we are lacking in all but the most basic supplies. Still, this land is bountiful, and with a lot of hard work, we should be able to prosper here.
- If you have Factions as well as Prophecies, the NPCs for this quest will not appear while Mhenlo's Request is in your quest log. To fix this, abandon Mhenlo's Request and return.
- Captain Greywind will not spawn if you have the Wintersday quest A Very Grentchie Wintersday task "Travel to the Ascalon Settlement with the Grentch and destroy all the Wintersday gifts from Dwayna. 0 of 7 Wintersday gifts remaining." active.
- This quest combines well with The Last Hog.
- Players can use this quest for farming experience/drops quickly thanks to the help of the several fairly good allies it provides.
- This quest was added in the June 15, 2005 update.