- This article is about the classification that corresponds to social organizations and common mindsets of Creatures. For a classification that corresponds to the physical and biological form, see Creature type.
Affiliation is a technical classification of creatures based on whether they count towards bounty Blessings or are affected by a particular of slaying weapon mod. Often, they correspond to social organizations, e.g. tribal identities, standing armies, or political groups. Similarly, non-sentient creatures generally belong to regional wildlife groupings (as they are not part of a named group).
 Named affiliations
Unofficial names are in italics. Those with (?) at the end are questionable affiliations.
|Core||Prophecies||Factions||Nightfall||Eye of the North||Bonus Mission Pack||Beyond1|
War in Kryta and Hearts of the North:
Winds of Change
- Only lists those unique to the Beyond chapters.
- ArenaNet's in-house term for affiliation is army.
- Every region has two default affiliations for otherwise un-affiliated NPCs, one for allies and one for hostiles.
- The wiki documents the hostile affiliation by "<region> wildlife."
- There is an affiliation for creatures exclusive to each high-end area: The Fissure of Woe, The Underworld, Sorrow's Furnace, Urgoz's Warren, The Deep, and the Domain of Anguish.