A Decayed Monument
|A Decayed Monument|
|Given by|| Vadben |
in Cliffs of Dohjok
|Type|| Secondary quest|
Route from Beknur Harbor.
Watch over the Monument and defeat the incoming Skale horde.
- Keep an eye on the monument while Vadben gets his tools.
- See Vadben for your reward.
This quest can be hard for low level players in a small group (four or less). Since it is not a primary quest but optional, wait until you are stronger or have other outposts available such as Beknur Harbor. Doing this quest from Beknur Harbor is advantageous as you can bring a party of eight from there, and the henchmen are level 12 rendering the challenge safer and simple.
The quest tells you to "protect" a monument but there is no "health" bar that degenerates per skale attack nor a countdown timer that tells you when Vadben will be back. Instead, the quest is about remaining alive after several waves of skales spawn near the monument, starting from a group of level 4 skales up to a group of level 13 and 14 skales. The frequency of each new group of skales is fast, so be sure to finish the waves off quickly before a new one arrives to prevent becoming outnumbered.
- "Excuse me. Could you do me a favor? I left some of my tools back in my camp, but I can't leave this monument unattended for too long. Some unscrupulous corsair could steal my equipment and research papers, and I can't afford that. Could you keep an eye on this monument for me while I go get the tools? It should only take me a few minutes."
- "Thanks! looks like everything's how I left it. I hope you didn't get too bored."
- The quest Queen of the Quarry provides some additional Sunspear guards that can double the party size and make the defense much easier. M.O.X. and/or Mercenary Heroes could also assist as level 20 allies.
- It is possible to talk to Vadben to accept your reward before all of the enemies in the area are entirely defeated.