Player-made Modifications/Cartography Index
|Warning: Directly modifying the Guild Wars program files through any third party tools is completely unsupported by ArenaNet and NCSoft. If anything breaks, do not contact support for help; there's nothing they can do about it. Also, third party programs not supported by ArenaNet might contain trojans, spyware, adware, and other harmful programs. See also: ArenaNet Response.|
- 1 Cartography Modifications
- 1.1 Cartography Made Easy
- 1.2 Mini Map / World Map UI
- 1.3 Farming / Speedclear UI
- 1.4 Running UI
To list your modification here, click the edit link of the section your mod belongs and add your mod using this recommended form:
==== Modification name ==== A short description what the mod does. :*Creator: [[User:Example]] :*Download: http://example.org/link/to-the/mod.tpf :*Sample: [[Media:Texmod_modname.jpg|Mod Name]]
- To keep the mods more organized, please add your mod in alphabetical order within its section or group.
- The sample image is optional and should be uploaded in the "Texmod_modname.jpg" format.
- The download link must link directly to a
TPFfile. Archived files (ZIP, RAR etc.) are not allowed and will be removed.
The mods in this section alter the appearance or rendering of the game maps to provide additional functionality or to alter its visual appeal. You will need to download uMod or TexMod to apply these modifications.
Cartography Made Easy
Loading this mod with Texmod will display the fog on the world map and mission map (U by default) with a different color, which allows to better check if the fog has been removed. The mod will also fill with black the areas where the map is known not to be explorable, allowing for an effective instant comparison with a Grandmaster Cartography map for an easy way to find missing or hard to reach spots.
2017 Edition - Updated, Extended
Use this mod if you want the most complete one. Can prove to be a little confusing to use because a lot of areas appear separated from the regular map by a line of color : those areas can (or could) be uncovered only following certain conditions. These areas add points toward the title and are usually entirely optional (except for Cantha which requires JQ/FA).
- Note: The mod includes Pre-searing Ascalon and the Battle Isles for an even cleaner map but the two areas do not contribute to any title.
- Creator: God Of Fissures, Ruine Eternelle
- Download: Mega
- Page about this mod: Development page
- Latest update: Version 1.3, published on the 24 of june 2017 ~ Added FA/JQ cutscenes, unexplorable dot in the desolation, explorable sliver in pre-searing
- List of missing things (to be added in the next update): Important notes you should read
2014 Edition - Cantha Revised
- Note: This updated version includes more pieces of fog that can be uncovered, notes that describe how to access exclusive areas, and prettier fog color.
2009 Edition - The Complete Collection
- Note: Last updated with all known black areas on March 6, 2009.
- Creator: User:Pyron Sy
- Download Tyria and GW:EN: http://www.mediafire.com/?zymzmnmjje4
- Download Cantha: http://www.mediafire.com/?wwd52mmqdzu
- Download Elona: http://www.mediafire.com/?jommizgz5zz
- Download Complete Collection: http://www.mediafire.com/?k50zdqnehwn
- Sample: Kryta (Tyria) sample
- Video on cartography and how to use Texmod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxjee24qZ_E
- Page about this mod: Development page
Mini Map / World Map UI
Prophecies 2005 World Map
This modification reverts the Prophecies world map to the way it was in 2005. Highly recommended for those who want a burst of oldschool nostalgia. The old map tiles were ripped from the .DAT files on the original game discs that shipped in 2005.
Realm of Torment Detailed World Map
This map mod turns your "M" map inside the Realm of Torment into a detailed version showing each area or mission as well as added background effects that resemble a galaxy. It removes the bland scroll background for all of this. The mission and town names and icons all remain the same.
In-game Mission Maps (IGMM)
This is a mod that adds a walk-through of red dots for each mission on the map itself, highlighting important places and bosses located within. It also shows a "times table" for any mission with a time limit for Masters. The Mission Map (U) generally gives a better view than the World Map does. These maps are heavily based off of Celestia's maps on the Wiki.
- Note: This mod does work with Cartography Made Easy, but ONLY if IGMM is loaded before CME (higher on the queue or list of mods).
Farming / Speedclear UI
DTSC 4 Way Map Mod
Shows the 4 paths in what is sometimes referred to as Frenchway, including the oni zones and where in them that oni tend to spawn.
Mount Qinkai Speed-Clear Map
Kurz HFFF Duel of The Houses
Kurzick Hero Fact Faction Farming pin points for heroes and henchmen.
Morostav Trail Speed Clear Map
Kurzick Faction Farming Speed Clear.
Runner routes and skill timings map
High accuracy running routes and skill timing maps.
- Creator: Relative Velocity
- Download/Sample: 
This mod highlights all the unsafe areas in pure red, leaving the safe spots unchanged. Since most of the textures have similar colors, this clearly distinguishes "safe" from "unsafe" so Desolation runs can be completed easier for those unfamiliar with the safe spots.
Note: Texture settings must be set to Medium or higher for this to work.
Underworld Smite Runner Map
This mod removes the fog in all areas as well as adding the paths of smites, skeles, coldfires, and safespots on the mission map.
Factions Running Routes
Cantha can be a very confusing place to run people through. This modification alleviates that confusion by showing running routes on the world map/minimap. Not all the routes are shown, just the ones that matter when rushing players through the Factions campaign.
LA to Drok's Running Guide
Guide to show which way to go while running from Lion's Arch to Droknar's Forge