Eye of the North Brand the Boss (2007)
This contest ran in the summer of 2007 (the closing date was June 22nd) to name the new bosses that would be present in Eye of the North expansion, the top 101 names were incorporated into the game. More than 6000 people entered the competition.
- The ten (10) winners will receive their choice of a copy of Guild Wars Nightfall (standard edition) signed by the Guild Wars Development Team or the full Guild Wars Skill Pin Set #1. With either of those prizes, they will also receive a code for one of three in-game miniatures of their choosing; either a Miniature Oni, Miniature Longhair Yeti or the Miniature Naga Raincaller.
- Up to twenty (20) honorable mentions may also be cited at the discretion of the judges. Honorable mentions will be listed by name on the website, and their monster name may be incorporated into the game at the release of Eye of the North or in the future. They will receive also two random pins from Guild Wars Skill Pin Set #1 along with a code for their choice of the remaining three in-game miniatures mentioned above.
- Up to seventy (70) finalists may also be cited at the discretion of the judges. Finalists will be listed by name on the website and will receive a random code for one of the three random in-game miniature mentioned above.
|Molotov Rocktail||Kiowa Wyoming||United States of America|
|Groknar Weazlewortz||You Will Know Fear||United States of America|
|Baglorag Grumblesnort||Simon Porter||England|
|Felix The Charr1||Arnaud Van Hecke||Belgium|
|Johon the Oxflinger||Jonathan Aiken||United States of America|
|Gallow Nooseknitter||Will Bonner (Hustler Warrior)||United States of America|
|Frazar Frostfur||Jagger Vallance||Germany|
|Borrguus Blisterbark||Moses Fiellau-Nikolajsen||Denmark|
|Gordam Griefgiver||Scott O'Keefe||Australia|
|Thraexis Thundermaw||Amber Burke||United States of America|
1After reviewing the names in the contest winners list, the game designers became concerned about how "Felix the Charr" would fit into the Guild Wars world. They noted quite a lot of controversy about the name within the player community, and they themselves felt reservations about including that name as an element within the game. Whist they like to have fun, and do include "cultural references" of many kinds, this particular name is just a little outside what the designers felt comfortable including in the game. - Extracted from a statement by Gaile Gray on this talk page. Please note that the person who submitted the name received all prizes, in accordance with the vote of the team. The only difference was that the name will not appear within the game itself.
To view a full list of the 70 finalists please click the external link at the bottom of the page for the winners list. This list will detail finalists whose names are known to have made it into the game.
- Entry rules on GW.com (Archived copy)
- Winners list on GW.com (Archived copy)
|Halloween Art||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|
|Wintersday Art||2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010|
|Design-a-Weapon||2005 • 2007|
|Brand the Bosses||2005 (Sorrows Furnace) • 2007 (EotN)|
|Super Fan||2006 • 2007|
|Guild Emblem||Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall|
|Miscellaneous||Battle Report Contest • Factions Backstage Pass Event • Mini Mania Contest •
Henchman skill bar contest