Guild Wars Wiki talk:Projects/Boss articles
Wasn't sure if I should post a list of all bosses, instead of keeping them in large groups by species. The positive of that would be a more detailed overview of what's happening, but then that list would be so huge... Or maybe we could have that list as a subpage, only linked to, dunno. Any thoughts on this? --Dirigible 23:28, 30 March 2007 (EDT)
Griffons and Harpys
I'm wondering wether Griffons and Harpys are seperate species. I've already linked to Category:Harpy bosses like GWG does. Does either of them include the other? ~ dragon legacy 09:46, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- I'm guessing they are, Vabbian locations for such harpies are quite far from Crystal Overlook, I suppose this would be the same as the Shiro'ken when use sprite models from all different types of factions creatures. A disease test would solve the problem? --Jamie 10:00, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- Disease can be pretty quirky for determining species, it often spreads even between creatures of different species. EoE for the win, though. :) I just tested them with both EoE and disease, and Skree Griffons are Harpies.
- Now, for the real question, whether all Griffons are Harpies, I don't think we can really definitely decide that. There's neither a Griffonslaying or Harpyslaying weapon mod, nor is there a way to get some Crystal Desert griffons near Elona Skrees to EoE them, so we're not left with much.
- So, for practical reasons, my opinion would be to treat them as separate species. Skree Griffons/Griffins/Hatchlings/Fledglings should be in the "Harpies" category, but with a mention in the Griffons article page that they MAY be the same species. Besides us trying to structure them here, I doubt anyone will ever really care about whether the griffons outside Augury Rock can be nuked with the same EoE wave as Skrees in Vabbi, since it has zero practical use. On the other hand, someone might want to eoe/disease Skrees and Skree Griffons, so it'd be handy for them to see these Skree Griffons in the same species as the Skrees. Hope that makes sense.--Dirigible 15:37, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
Categorical category categorisation
Hum. Just tweaked a couple of bosses before I saw this project page. It was a Grawl and a Charr (forget which^^), and the categories were confusing. One was just cat:Bosses, one was cat:bosses and cat:ranger_bosses (IIRC). How many categories are we looking to have? I think it's just my poor old brain - it's the sub-categorisation of categories that confuses me. Charr_bosses being a sub-category of bosses_by_species which is a sub-cat of bosses... Is there an idiot's guide to categories anywhere? Please excuse the rambling :D --Snograt 16:30, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- For Category:Afflicted bosses, Category:Awakened bosses, Category:Abomination bosses, I've been uses Species, Profession and Location to categorize them. For example:
- [[Category:Charr bosses]] [[Category:Ranger bosses]] [[Category:Diessa Lowlands]] [[Category:The Great Northern Wall (mission)]]
- That covers everything, I think. How does that sound? --Dirigible 16:38, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- ...thus making that particular boss categorised by species, profession, region and, in this case, mission. Sure, that certainly makes sense. Probably best if I leave the categorisation of categories to the experts :D Thanks, Dirigible --Snograt 17:47, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
I added the last picture of the Abomination bosses (Balthazaar's Cursed.jpg) but I'd rather have someone else double-check the pictures and remove the (Image) tag from the project page - I just don't quite feel qualified to check something off the project list. -Eryk
- Looks fine to me, Eryk. :) --Dirigible 23:33, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
Restructure the project?
Hm, I'm not sure if in the current state the project page is really practical, working by entire categories. Maybe it'd be better if we had each individual boss listed, as the Projects/Quests guys are doing it? We could use Rezyk's creature lists to get that going quickly, if we decide to do so. Or if anyone has some other idea, I'd really like to hear them. With EotN almost here it'd be nice to have some way to allow editors to contribute without too much effort to the boss articles. --Dirigible 23:59, 24 August 2007 (UTC)