Help:Ask an account question/Archive201007-201008
- 1 Server change
- 2 code=227
- 3 hello
- 4 i cant create an account
- 5 code 027
- 6 GuildWars campaigns question
- 7 Aion Wings
- 8 ONE Character Not Loading
- 9 Resetting Account
- 10 Logged in, where are my characters?
- 11 Guild Wars to Guild Wars 2
- 12 game account
- 13 Problems with My husband's account
- 14 HELP
- 15 Characters change appearance!!!
- 16 Banned Account
- 17 Activation Code
Is it possible for an account to change from a European server to an American server? Unless I've got this wrong: we have a guildie who made his account Euro, when he first made his account. Like the rest of the guildies he GvGs with, he is Australian, so playing on Euro servers (because of his account) is a lot more laggy than playing on American servers. King Neoterikos 03:56, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- Players can freely change districts in any town/outpost. Just use the top left drop down blue menu.
- There is some options tied to game account that defines your territory as well. Right now, can't remember how to change that (if even possible), though. --NIN37 06:30, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- That's what I was asking about. You can't really change districts for a GvG... King Neoterikos 07:13, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- My SO's account is in euro's and they said that in order to change it to N.America, you need to link it to the NCsoft master account, and set the territory in the profile I think... Though this is more for paying in american dollars instead of in euro's when buying form the ingame store. --Lania 19:29, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- That's what I was asking about. You can't really change districts for a GvG... King Neoterikos 07:13, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
i just bought the game and all three expantions 2 days ago and now it want let me logg in ive reset my password 3 times made sure the account was verifide twice and now i just dont know what else 2 do this is very irratating can someone help me plz --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
- hi im tinky1970 and i am also getting the same as you are. it wont let me log on in the game client when i try to play. im wondering if this was a waste of time and bandwidth downloading! --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
- Error code 227 means the username, password or character name are incorrect. If you have forgotton your password try resetting the password. If you have forgotton your username/character you will need to contact support with as much proof that the account is yours as you have (normally the access keys you've added to your account are required, or credit-card proof that it was bought through the ncsoft store). Check out the FAQ for more information.- TheRave (talk) 14:58, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
how do i do an image download of all my guildwars files my latop broke down and i want too download all my files again in 1 hit without waiting for files too be downloaded while im in alliance battles please send me info about hw i go about it plz my email address is <removed> plz reply
i cant create an account
im in the "create a new guild wars account". when i typed in my access key. the "next" button is not highlighted and i cant click it. whats that?
- Make sure your caps lock isn't on, and try again. If you can't get it to work, you will need to contact support. -- Wyn talk 17:26, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
the game said "Network error
Please check your connection to the Internet and try again. (Code=027)"
- And your question is? This generally means there was a problem connecting to the game server, check your firewalls, both on your computer and your router. See Error codes for more information. If the problem persists, contact support. -- Wyn talk 17:28, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
GuildWars campaigns question
I am confused about the different campaigns that you can buy. For example, Eye of the north and Nightfall... Would i be correct in assuming that if i bought the Eye of the North campaign (is it the latest?) i would get all the ones before it including the skills unlock or will i need to buy all of the others individually?
- Eye of the North is an expansion, and thus you cannot create new characters in it (it is only for characters created in one of the campaigns, i.e., Prophecies, Factions, or Nightfall). Buying Eye of the North will not get you the other campaigns unless you happen to buy one of the copies that comes with a campaign (such as the Platinum Edition, which has EotN and Prophecies only). You could also buy EotN separately and then the Trilogy (which includes all three campaigns) or The Complete Collection (has all three campaigns and EotN in one box) which would be a lot cheaper than buying everything separately. I hope that helps! --Dragon Nataku 13:45, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
- From the Campaign article:
- "Guild Wars is split into several games - each is stand-alone, and does not require a user to have any of the others to play it. Each of these games is called a campaign or chapter.
- Each campaign has its own storyline, skills, armor, and locations. They also, however, share some "Core" content that is available in all of the campaigns. This core content includes some common skills, professions and locations."
- That quote should answer most of your questions. EotN is much like a regular campaign, but it's not stand-alone, and was made with more experienced players in mind. — Poki#3 (talk) 23:40, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
Ok i bought the boxed issue of Aion,I have an Acess Code for the emote,wings,I Have created account here.but can not find where to enter the Acesses Code for the Wings.Is this a rip off? I have spent way too much time on this already.and it sucks.email me pls with the answer make it simple,i am old and can not figure out how to go to twenty different sites creating accounts for stupid emote.Rachael Graves
- I have not done this myself, but I believe you enter in the code once you've signed into your GW account (the game) and along the bottom there should be an option to add a code to your account. We cannot email you this answer (and please, do NOT post your email address). I'm sure others will come along and correct me at some point, but that's the best I can give you. We are not Anet. G R E E N E R 05:11, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- In the character selection screen there is a small button called "Edit account" at the bottom left corner of the window. Use it, select "Manage Access Keys" and press "Next >" to see what access keys you have. You'll get an option called "Add key" where you can input your 25-character code. Contact support if everything else fails. Last, but not least, we are not Anet staff; we are only regular players just like you. --NIN37 03:05, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
ONE Character Not Loading
- ← moved to HELP:GAME#ONE Character Not Loading
- To what end? Anet holds the information of your account on their servers. You're able to delete your characters if you wish, which will bring you back to square one. However, all of the items that you have unlocked will remain unlocked. Any further details on this should be asked directly to Anet support. G R E E N E R 19:24, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
Logged in, where are my characters?
I played the original Guild Wars but haven't been on in almost a year. I installed the Platinum Edition today because I couldn't play anymore. I've added the key to my original account but when I log in, none of my old characters are there and I'm prompted to make a new one. Are they lost forever or can I get them back somehow? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- How were you able to add the new key to the original account if you couldn't play your original account. Sounds like you accidentally created a new account instead of adding a key to the original account. If that's the case you can try to contact support and see if they can do anything for you. --Lania 18:39, 7 Aug 2010 (UTC)
- I added the key using my existing account and it let me. Now when I log in, I have no characters yet I have to enter a character name in order to log in. I don't get it. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
Guild Wars to Guild Wars 2
- Nothing official has been stated, but I don't really see why not (or how they would know to connect them unless you told them to). -- FreedomBound 23:17, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
- According to speculative information, you have to enter your guildwars 1 account information like account name, password and character name into some unknown panel in guildwars 2. However according to official information, GW1 accounts started after GW2 is released cannot be linked, and this privilege to link accounts and gain stuff from the hall of monuments is reserved for current players. --Lania 23:36, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
- If you have bought the game and have the cd and box there will be instructions inside the box on how to create an account and add your access key. Install the Guild Wars client from the CD or download it and install it from here. When you start the client there is a link to "Create Account or Add Access Key".
- If you haven't bought the game then you can set up a trial account by visiting here. Note that the trial will only allow 10 hours of gameplay over 2 weeks, after that you will need to buy at least one of the chapters and add the access key to continue playing.- TheRave (talk) 07:48, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
Problems with My husband's account
We recently moved and my husband merged all the guild wars discs together for the both of us. He's now having problems getting into his account. He reset his password and they want him to enter the access key for his GW. How would we go about getting my access key number so we can figure out which one is which?
- You would have had to mark which keys were for which account on the sheets/cards provided. There is no way to access the actual keys once they are used. You could try requesting the actual numbers from support if you can fully identify yourself as the owner of your account, but I'm not sure they would actually give them to you. -- Wyn talk 22:59, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
- I think you should just say that you have 2 accounts. One is yours and one is your husbands. Provide the login of the other account, and list all the access keys you have. They will be able to check both accounts and after they'll verify that you're indeed the owner they'll assist you. — Poki#3 (talk) 09:01, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
- Where did you get your access key from? Was it from a proper retailer or from a semi-dodgy online store? Have you already used your access key? If so then you don't need it again, just log in with the details that you created when you first used your key.- TheRave (talk) 09:35, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
Characters change appearance!!!
im relatively new to the game still, my highest lvl char being lvl 14. and i haven't been on GW for a few months now (very casual player)..and i just logged in right now and everyone of my characters changed their clothing/appearance! i.e. one of my char's is supposed to be in yellow, now its in green! and on my lvl14, i had already got her upgraded armour before, now she's back to her newbie armour!! also, i found out that their clothes change on me everytime i log in..idk what to do, how do i bring em back to how it's supposed to be?? is this some major glitch?? PLEASE HELP!! --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
- First, make sure that the changes are not permanent by logging in fully as one of the characters. I have noticed that after some major updates, my characters have reverted to beginner armor, or even no armor at all while on the character select screen. This has always been corrected once I select that character to play with. G R E E N E R 18:50, 28 August 2010 (UTC)
ok thanks, its back to normal now, lol :)
ok just to warn, i haven't played Guild Wars since almost a year ago soooo i'm not sure if this was due to some sort of update, but when i tried logging into my account again, it said that it was banned and i completely freaked out. Can someone tell/ suggest away for me to get my account back? im not sure if i can though since if it was banned, someone might have hacked it before it was banned. either way i really need some help here --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- You want to contact support. Be prepared to give them as much information as possible. You should get an automated response saying that they've received your ticket, and within a few days, you should be further contacted by someone from Anet about your account. Best of luck! G R E E N E R 03:15, 29 August 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I just bought Guild Wars and I needed to create my account when I typed in the code they asked for it said already in use please use I different code. Is there a way I could get a new code or reset it all to use the one I have?