In the Army Now (Kurzick)
|In the Army Now (Kurzick)|
|Section||Echovald Forest Quests|
|Given by|| Recruiter Sigmund |
in Drazach Thicket
(Click to enlarge)
Find and escort new recruits for the Kurzick army.
- Find and enlist four recruits into the Kurzick army. [4...0] recruits remaining.
- Escort the recruits to Recruiter Sigmund.
- See Recruiter Sigmund for your reward.
The goal is to bring four recruits back to Recruiter Sigmund. You can bring recruits to him singly or in groups of up to four at a time. There are eight candidates available, but you may not recruit more than four at one time. If a recruit dies, you can use a replacement recruit from those remaining.
The candidates are scattered across the map. Although there is no map indicator for them, they are in the same locations every time. While recruits are following you, you can trigger Luxon pop-ups in various locations on the map.
The two biggest obstacles to completing the quest are the recruits themselves: they can get stuck on corners or objects. They also move very slowly and can get caught by patrols that your party has managed to otherwise avoid.
You must complete the quest before leaving the map to receive your reward.
- 20 (26) Luxon Warrior
- 20 (26) Luxon Ranger
- 20 (26) Luxon Monk
- 20 (26) Luxon Necromancer
- 20 (26) Luxon Mesmer
- 20 (26) Luxon Elementalist
- 20 (26) Luxon Assassin
- 20 (26) Luxon Ritualist
- Recruiter Sigmund
- "You have come to help me find new recruits, yah? Good. I can use all the help I can get. Recent attacks from the Luxons have spurred our youth into action, and they are signing up for the army faster than I can fill out the paperwork. I'm not complaining, but if you could go out into the foothills and help bring some of those eager recruits here, it would be a big help, yah."
- Kurzick Assassin Recruit
- "Let me get this straight. I join up, and I get to kill Luxons? Where do I sign?"
- Kurzick Elementalist Recruit
- "I knew you would be coming. The signs were practically hitting me over the head. Well, who am I to ignore the wishes of the gods?"
- Kurzick Mesmer Recruit
- "Let me make this clear: this is not my choice. I'm only joining because the head of our House has said I must."
- Kurzick Monk Recruit
- "Just this morning, Redemptor Klein said that we must find ways to give back to our people. It must have been a sign that I'm to join the army!"
- Kurzick Necromancer Recruit
- "My mother served in the army, and her mother before her, and her mother, and...well, I think you get the point. I am honored to continue the tradition."
- Kurzick Ranger Recruit
- "If it means protecting our sacred forest, I shall join this second! Where do I sign?"
- Kurzick Ritualist Recruit
- "It seems the Luxons won't stop until they've taken over our forests and destroyed our sacred ways. I will do my part to stop them. How do I enlist?"
- Kurzick Warrior Recruit
- "Join the army? Well, why didn't you say so? I've been meaning to get down to see that recruiter, anyhow."
Some time after talking to the respective NPC:
- Kurzick Assassin Recruit: "Do I get to kill people now?"
- Kurzick Elementalist Recruit: "Balthazar give me courage!"
- Kurzick Mesmer Recruit: "No training first? What kind of army is this?"
- Kurzick Monk Recruit: "This must be the gods' way of telling me I have done the right thing."
- Kurzick Necromancer Recruit: "Death to the Luxons!"
- Kurzick Ranger Recruit: "In the name of Melandru...you Luxons shall not foul this forest with your heathen ways!"
- Kurzick Ritualist Recruit: "I'm ready to do my part, but some training would have been appreciated."
- Kurzick Warrior Recruit: "Looks like my tour of duty has started, yah?"
Upon reaching Recruiter Sigmund:
- Kurzick <Profession> Recruit: "I am honored to serve my time with the Kurzick army."
- Recruiter Sigmund
- "Good work, <character name>! I'll get these new recruits signed up and send them into training. It's a good thing you've done for the Kurzicks, today."
- The recruits can be used during vanquishes or quests as non-renewable fodder.
- The Luxon equivalent is In the Army (Luxon).