|Section||Sorrow's Furnace Quests|
|Given by||Orozar Highstone |
in Sorrow's Furnace
|Part of||To Sorrow's Furnace|
|Followed by||Noble Intentions Plan B|
(Click to enlarge)
- Follow Orozar Highstone to the meeting place.
- Protect Orozar Highstone!
- See Orozar Highstone for your reward.
- 4,000 Experience
Once inside Sorrow's Furnace, speak to Highstone again, and he'll tell you he's bribed the guards and wants you to find his brother. Follow him through the cavern. You'll fight one easy mob, and a dialog will start where a Priest of Sorrows (accompanied by some Summit Deep Knights) tells Highstone that they have tricked him, upon which they will run away.
He'll remain in one spot, and then you'll face four waves of Stone Summit, including a lot of Summit Deep Knights, Summit Taskmasters, Summit Dark Binders, Summit Surveyors, Summit Wardens, a couple of Priest of Sorrows, and two random bosses (one in the second wave; second in the fourth -- see the entry "Sorrow's Furnace" for a guide to the bosses). There's a brief pause between each wave to pick up loot (there will be a lot of it) and to regenerate.
Tactically, it's probably easiest to stay with Highstone rather than split your party trying to attack each mob as it approaches (they come from different directions). Flag your heroes/henchmen to the one spot. You lose and get teleported back to the outpost if Highstone dies, but the foes won't start attacking Highstone until all of your party are dead.
A resurrection shrine is very close by, so even if the party wipes, you should still be able to complete this quest.
Upon completion, speak to Highstone to be awarded 4000 experience points (which will restore 53% of negative morale up to zero which takes care of most Death Penalty). Gather all drops before speaking to him again for Noble Intentions Plan B.
- A minion master will make this quest a lot easier.
Many Stone Summit start out allied.
- 24 (26) Summit Deep Knight
- 24 (26) Summit Surveyor
- 24 (26) Priest of Sorrows
- 24 (26) Summit Dark Binder
- 24 (26) Summit Taskmaster
- 24 (26) Summit Warden
- 24 (26) Siege Ice Golem
- 28 (30) Malinon Threshammer → Dwarven Battle Stance (Malinon's Malign Hammer, Malinon's Shield, Malinon's Skull Crusher)
- 28 (30) Graygore Boulderbeard → Melandru's Arrows (Boulderbeard's Shortbow, Graygore's Zealous Shortbow, Graygore's Shortbow)
- 28 (30) Bortak Bonesmelter (Bortak's Bone Cesta, Bortak's Bone Claw, Bortak's Bone Staff)
- 28 (30) Korvald Willcrusher → Crippling Anguish (Korvald's Cane, Korvald's Chakram, Willcrusher)
- 28 (30) Rago Kindlerock (Rago's Flame Staff, Rago's Flame Wand, The Kindlerock)
- Orozar Highstone
- "My younger brother, fool that he is, has gone and joined the Stone Summit. As ye can imagine, if my rivals learn of this, it could be disastrous for my family and my political career. That's where ye come in. I've bribed several of the guards to grant us safe passage. We're going to find my brother and bring him back before anyone finds out. can I count on yer silence?"
- Accept: "I'd hate to see your image tarnished. You can count on me."
- Decline: "I have a big mouth. You'd better find someone else."
- When asked about quest: "I have bribed several of the Summit's guards, but we must hurry and find my brother. My money buys us only so much time."
- Orozar Highstone
- "Well fought, my friend. I thought we were on our way to the Eternal Forge, but it seems the Great Dwarf has other plans for us this day."
- The Priest of Sorrows will remain allied even after the waves of enemies begins to spawn and if using a minion master he will often ignore his path and return to heal your minions.
- Also note that unlike many similar normally hostile creatures turned into allies they will be attacked by the other hostile stone summits and likely killed.
- Bosses appear randomly; there is a chance that the boss from whom you need to capture a skill won't appear at all.