From Guild Wars Wiki
|Section||Northern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by|| Elsa Alston |
in Traveler's Vale
|Preceded by||Shiverpeak Stragglers|
(Click to enlarge)
Mark the grave of Oswalt, a beloved husband who sacrificed himself to save his wife.
- Search the Ascalon Foothills for Oswalt's Headstone.
- Inscribe Elsa's words on the headstone.
- See Oswalt Alston for your reward.
- 500 Experience
- 250 Gold
- Grim Cesta
Leave Traveler's Vale to the southeast and enter The Ascalon Foothills. Oswalt's grave can be found in the northern portion of the Foothills.
- Elsa Alston
- "My husband sacrificed himself so we could live, you know. Back in the Ascalon Foothills, we'd been cornered by a hydra, and he came rushing in, screaming and waving his arms, throwing rocks at it like a fool. A brave, selfless fool. It worked... He managed to lure it away from us, but... We buried what was left of him and raised a stone marker."
- "I've written these words, now that I've had time and I'm not so numb. I feel so weak, but I cannot go back there. Would you...could you...find his gravestone and inscribe these words upon it? Oswalt deserves better than an unmarked grave."
- Oswalt Alston
- "Elsa sent you? Then she is alive and well! That is all I need hear. Perhaps now my spirit can go in peace."
- The epitaph reads, "Oswalt Alston. Loving husband in life. Savior in death. My strength. My inspiration. My love."