Aid the Ebon Vanguard's war effort by stealing the plans of the enemy.
|Section||Charr Homelands Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Captain Langmar |
in Grothmar Wardowns
|Preceded by||Be Very, Very Quiet...|
|Followed by||Forbidden Fruit|
1) Vael 2) Wait for diversion 3) Battle Plans
- Meet Vael at the rendezvous point in Grothmar Wardowns.
- Get into position and wait for Vael to create a diversion. Do not alert the Charr in the camp to your presence.
- Run in and steal the plans while Vael keeps the Charr busy.
- Take the plans back to Captain Langmar.
- Don't forget the plans! (If the plans are dropped.)
If zoning in with a party member who has never spoken to Vael:
- Vael is not ready to undertake the covert mission. He has still not made himself known to one of your party members.
If zoning in with a party member who has spoken to Vael but has not completed Be Very, Very Quiet...:
- Vael is not ready to undertake the covert mission. He is busy following a suspicious looking Charr. Help your party member discover what that Charr is up to, and then Vael will be ready to raid the Charr camp for plans.
After speaking with Vael, the party waits on a bluff close by while he runs to the Charr camp and lures them away. A large group will follow Vael once he challenges them, wait a few seconds and a lingering group of four or more Charr will run out after them. Once the Charr have left, the Battle Plans are easily attainable. Return them to Captain Langmar for the reward.
- Captain Langmar
- Why didn't you tell me Vael was Nathanael? He showed up here a few months back with supplies from Ascalon; said he was stationed here indefinitely as our agent in the field. Anyway, it's no matter. Nathanael... or, if he prefers, Vael spoke to me about a reconnaissance mission, and he would like your assistance. I would appreciate it if you were to help him. He's waiting for you near the Charr camp in Grothmar Wardowns.
- Yes, Captain Langmar knows me as Nathanael. The name is not important, nor is it my own. Deeds are the only measure of a man. The Charr in this camp have a set of battle plans that we need to get our hands on. Here's what we do. You get into position somewhere out of sight. I'll create a diversion and then you run in and steal the plans.
When Vael reaches the Charr camp:
- Vael: The Charr are maggots swarming upon the ripe apple of the world. I have come to rid Tyria of this foul pocket of beasts.
- Charr Axemaster: Slaughter this meat!
- Captain Langmar
- I'll need some time to go over these plans and figure out how to procede from here. I may have need for your...special...abilities again in the near future. Don't go too far.