Be Very, Very Quiet...
Find out what the Charr are up to as you assist Vael.
|Be Very, Very Quiet...|
|Section||Charr Homelands Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Vael |
in Grothmar Wardowns
|Preceded by||Assault on the Stronghold|
|Followed by||Plan A|
(Click to enlarge)
Location of Vael to obtain quest
- Must have witnessed Vael's first dialogue with the player in Grothmar Wardowns, completed The Missing Vanguard, and have re-zoned. See Vael's Notes for details.
- Follow Torch Harrowkeeper. Do not alert him to your presence.
- Eavesdrop on the Charr while they discuss their plans.
- Talk to Vael. See how he wants to proceed.
- Follow the Charr to their meeting with the Grawl leaders. Crash the meeting and eliminate all hostiles.
- Bring the Charr Intelligence to Captain Langmar.
- 100 Vanguard reputation points
- Ebon Battle Standard of Courage
This quest is very straightforward and can easily be done with heroes and henchmen. Keep out of Torch Harrowkeeper's range when you follow him until the quest updates with crashing the party. Waiting for the Grawl and Charr's dialogue to play out is optional; you can run ahead to kill the Grawl before the Charr get there. Regardless, one of the Charr will drop the Charr Intelligence quest item which you will have to take to Captain Langmar, claiming your reward.
- 20 Vael
- Do you see what I see, friend? This Charr walks with a purpose. I deduce he is not merely out for a relaxing stroll. We should follow him. Are you with me?
When the Charr bosses meet
- Vael: Stop here. Stay low and be quiet so I can listen to their ramblings.
- Torch Harrowkeeper: Paw Darkflame! You aren't needed at this post. I have more important business for you elsewhere.
- Paw Darkflame: Where, Harrowkeeper?
- Torch Harrowkeeper: Come with me. We are meeting with some of the more...hm...advanced Grawl to arrange an alliance.
- Paw Darkflame: What for?
- Torch Harrowkeeper: Why waste Charr lives if we can use Grawl as fodder? Now stop asking questions and move out!
- Well, that won't do at all, will it? Let's follow and make sure this silly alliance never happens.
When the Charr meets the Grawl
- Torch Harrowkeeper: GREETINGS. GRAWL. WE. BRING. WORD. FROM. THE. HEIROPHANT[sic]...savvy?
- Grawl Dark Priest: *oot!*
- I'm not sure I know this "Vael" you speak of, but you swear you heard this exchange with your own ears? Your word I trust. It's good you put an end to that meeting. Such an alliance would be devastating to us.
- This quest is given by Vael west of the forest in Grothmar Wardowns. Torch Harrowkeeper will be spawned just east of Vael and you have to follow him to the beach.
- When the Charr meet with the Grawl, do not engage immediately, even if the quest log tells you to "eliminate all hostiles". Wait until the Grawl has responded "*oot!*" or else the quest will fail.
- After completing this quest, Chaelse Flameshielder will not spawn again until after you have completed Plan A.
- After completing this quest, you must leave and re-enter Grothmar Wardowns before Plan A becomes available.