Take out the leaders of the Charr warband.
|Section||Charr Homelands Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Captain Langmar |
in Grothmar Wardowns
|Preceded by||Plan A|
|Followed by||Single Ugly Grawl Seeks Same |
for Mindless Destruction in Ascalon
(Click to enlarge)
- Meet Vael in Sacnoth Valley to begin your mission.
- Follow Vael to the hierophant's stronghold.
- You have three minutes to sneak in and out of the stronghold.
- Poison the food supplies.
- Your mission has been compromised! Kill Gharaz the Glutton at all costs! <only added if you fail the previous objective>
- Report back to Vael.
After accepting this quest, head through the Grothmar Wardowns and take the portal in the southeast corner into Sacnoth Valley. Vael is just inside, across from the shrine (shrine blessings are not necessary; no kills are required for this quest). After speaking to Vael he will run to the stronghold and ask if you're ready, agree that you are. Vael will disappear and a three minute timer will appear. During this time all of the Charr inside of the stronghold are incapacitated. There are no enemies to fight during the three minutes.
You have three minutes to poison all five stacks of food supplies. Just follow the green quest marker to the two locations where food supplies are kept (marked 1 and 2 on the map, above). Make sure to click on each food supply. Failing to click on all five will result in the mission being compromised - requiring you to kill Gharaz the Glutton.
After you've poisoned all five food supplies, run outside of the stronghold, back to Vael. If done correctly, Vael should have the exclamation mark over his head. If Vael does not, you've missed something and the mission will be compromised.
- 20 (20) Vael
- Captain Langmar
- "Here is the situation, <character name>. The Charr Shamans are regrouping. They have invited two of the remaining warband leaders to their stronghold for a feast. Should they combine forces, this would be devastating not only for the Ebon Vanguard but for Ascalon as well. I'm concerned about attacking them directly, but Vael doesn't think it will be necessary. He believes that with his aid, you will infiltrate their ranks and assassinate the two warband leaders without suspicion. I concur. Vael waits for you in Sacnoth Valley."
- Accept: "A knife in the back removes risk from the front."
- Decline: "Get someone else to skulk around in a black cape."
- Ask: "Vael will brief you when you arrive in Sacnoth Valley."
- "I see you're getting the hang of covert work. I've recently procured a potion of a considerably slumberous nature from an Asuran alchemist and created a couple of bombs to set off within yon stronghold. Here's the deal: once the Charr inside are dozing, you'll have little time to get in, find their stores of food, poison the stores with this, and get out again. Fun! Time is of the essence once the bombs hit. Just in and out. Don't dawdle."
At the gates to the stronghold:
- Vael: "I'm going in! The gas will take affect momentarily." [sic]
- Vael: "Don't worry; we'll be gone long before the convulsions and vomiting starts." [sic]
- "Amazing! You weren't a terrible sidekick. Unfortunately one of our marks hadn't yet arrived. We'll have to go back."
- Heroes can be flagged outside of the stronghold, near Vael's starting location, for smoother running animations since they are not needed.
- Compromised your mission? Instead of fighting Gharaz the Glutton, consider stepping through the nearby portal into the Grothmar Wardowns and then back into the Sacnoth Valley. This will reset the quest, giving you the opportunity to play without having to fight this boss.