Talk:Vocal Was Sogolon
Sucks.126.96.36.199 15:58, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
- no, you ! XD188.8.131.52 09:56, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Pretty much one of the most useless skills in guild wars
- Not useless but less worthy designed. It would've been better as a weapon spell to buff your Paragon and Warrior team mates. Noctarch 23:56, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- Pretty much one of the most useless skills in guild wars
this+incomingx2=2ppl can keep up incoming stead of 4
- Sogolon only provides 50% prolongation not 100%. Noctarch 18:08, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
2 things 1. Was Sogolon is not the henchman in the early nightfall campaign, its a hero of older times, he refers to him in his i shall protect you like the sogolon of old times line. 2. This skill does not suck, it can very well be used with save yourselves or other short-duration shoutsfor party protection ~~VALAR~~
- So... you cast Vocal was Sogolon in-between your attacks, throw up Save Yourselves, then drop the pot to attack again? Or use some kind of ridiculously bad Rage of the Ntouka build to power out the adrenaline? There are better things to do with a char slot. Paragons have no problems powering out Save Yourselves constantly for the whole party, which also fuels their own energy, in addition to other strong defensive or offensive effects.
- Vocal was Sogolon is a potentially overpowered combo skill that has nothing worth comboing with. MA Anathe 14:46, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
Needs one, and It might see play with Rt/P Flaggers ...Hex Removal would be nice :) --184.108.40.206 09:40, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
10 1 30 "Item Spell. For 60 seconds, if you're using Command, you may win. If you're using useless attributes, you are kicked out of the game. You still lose since you can't wield the second most broken weapon in the game. Attribute: Which idiot decided that this should be a ritualist item spell?"
- This would be nice as a weapon spell. Resonant Weapon
- Doesn't that do essentially the same thing as Enduring Harmony, but a lot worse? The only redeeming quality that this skill has is that it's party-wide. Green Arrow 13:10, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- What if the weapon spell is on the caster and the effect is party wide? Resonant Weapon
- Maybe if that changed the attribute to Spawning Power, but then it couldn't be used by paragons. Just remember when trying to change a skill, A-net will not change the skill name or icon. Here's my try:
- Vocal Was Sogolon
5 1 20 Item Spell. (1...40...50 seconds.) Shouts and chants you use last twice as long. Drop effect: Those shouts and chants end. (Attrib: Restoration Magic)
- Numbers might need some tweaking. The idea here is to bypass the adrenal requirement which limits this skill so much and rather than extend durations, let us use shouts before combat starts. Overpowered? Maybe a little, but consider that to get the full effect, you have to spec a good amount in both communing (a less useful line than restoration) and the shout/chant attribute. I can't see secondary Rts abusing this unless they are really bad at GW. Just throwing out ideas :> -- euphoracle | talk 18:56, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm guessing this does, but making sure...
does this work for ranger shouts?I'm guessing it does, but wanna make sure.(and before you say rangers don't have shouts, look in beast mastery.) 220.127.116.11 18:49, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, it does. The only time I have ever used it is to maintain Predatory Bond indefinitely. <>Sparky, the Tainted 19:09, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
Offensive Shouts too?
Does this skill increase the length of an offensive shout, like "Finish Him!" or "You're All Alone!"? By increasing the length, I mean does it make the effects of Deep Wound or Cripple given by those shouts last longer? 18.104.22.168 18:54, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think so, because the shout won't be on your target, the condition will. The Hackslasher 14:55, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
- Despite the lateness, I feel compelled to say that no, it would no increase the conditions. VwS modifies the duration of Shouts and Chants - no member of either of these, when targeting a foe, possess durations also. If ever in doubt, applying your question strictly to the skill description at hand typically will yield a satisfactory answer. 22.214.171.124 16:53, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
One of the worst examples of terrible skill design
This is the most poorly designed skill in the game:
- A ritualist with only ritualist skills has no use for this skill. Absolutely none. No other skill in the game is as useless to its profession.
- A primary ritualist must pick one of two possible secondary professions in PvP, three if they want to be a beastmaster Rt/R (lol). In PvE, most PvE-only shouts require being able to attack or don't benefit much from a longer duration.
- The two professions that use shouts (three counting beastmaster shouts) are dependent on making physical attacks. This skill disables attacking.
- Really weak effect anyway without heavy attribute investment.
I hope whoever created this skill was fired, or at least not working on GW2. This skill was created in 2007, and it looks like the people creating skills at ANet are a lot better at it now. Hopefully they do an update similar to the dervish update, fixing all the "worst of the worst" skills in the game. --126.96.36.199 03:24, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Don't you mean "best example"? Anyway, I'm not sure why you'd not count beast masters, considering they are the only thing that can actually benefit from this skill, like you said. They can maintain Otyugh's Cry and Predatory Bond with VWS, which is more than a paragon or warrior can do. –~=Ϛρѧякγ (τѧιк) ←♥– 04:16, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Does this skill extend "By Ural's Hammer!"? If so then it may acually have SOME minor worth to a support ritualist Avatar of Grenth 17:49, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
Description needs update
Nowhere does it say that whoever uses it will be holding an item... this should be added. Foxfire 15:04, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- It's an item spell; by definition, that means the caster will end up holding ashes. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 17:43, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
Do you guys think it would be appropriate to insert an Anomaly concerning the fact that this skill exists but there are no Ritualist skills that are shouts? 188.8.131.52 18:13, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
For Great Justice
If it is true that the effects of this and Enduring Harmony stack, then you can combo this to perma-For Great Justice if you hold this, get Enduring Harmony put on you, and then shout For Great Justice, because you get a 45 second long For Great Justice at Q15 for both, combine with Spirits Strength, and you have an OP Warrior W/O Strength. what do you think? 184.108.40.206 16:53, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
Making use of VwS is quite a difficult task, as most shouts require adrenaline, a resource generally gained by attacking, which the player can't do since the character's hands are busy carrying the ashes. Dropping the item and attacking looks appealing, but VwS also happens to have a full 30s recharge, higher than most shout's. In addition interesting shouts to use with VwS are also scarce, especially considering that a 50% boost is kinda weak. VwS extends chants, but this is mostly useless, as chants generally end on the next attack or skill. Last but not least, using VwS forces the user to invest massively in restoration magic.--Ruine Eternelle 23:16, 2 March 2021 (UTC)
- I do agree that this skill is quite niche. It seems like it was intended for use by primary Paragons when looking at the scaling (60 seconds base duration, 3 attribute points in Restoration Magic nets you a 26% increase in shout/chant duration. Not bad for little investment. True you can't attack while holding it, but a lot of the defensive shouts/chants don't require adrenaline.). Also strange is the fact that primary Ritualists have absolutely no way to benefit from the skill unless they choose a secondary with shouts or chants.
- However, there is still some niche use to Vocal Was Sogolon. I myself use it on a running bar for my Ritualist to run through easy areas.
Example "Incoming!" "Fall Back!" "Can't Touch This!" Mental Block Optional "I Am Unstoppable!" Soothing Memories Vocal Was Sogolon
Regardless of that, I would be entirely in favor of the skill receiving a functionality change. -Soldier198
Vocal was Sogolon: Hold Item Your shout range is increase by 10 + Restoration magic, and you gain 20+ Restoration magic strikes of Adrenaline each time you shout and 1 energy each time a echo on you renews or activates. If you drop Ashes of Sogolon all your shouts recharge instantly.
Now Ritualist and Paragons can both benefit, by giving extra energy back(or reducing cost). Loud and can be heard, also talkative. Nerf to beastmaster usage but do they really benefit from this skill?
Vocal was Sogolon: Your shouts expire 20% faster and recharge 33% faster. Gives this a Niche for Motivation/Command shouts that trigger on next skill/circumstance such as ballad of Restoration. If you drop Ashes of Sogolon, your shouts recharge instantly.
- making it motigon centric makes far more sense as they are energy based. Your chants recharge and cast 20-33-35% faster.Lasts 60 seconds. When dropped, heal all allies in shout range for 30-85-100 if they are under the effects of a chant. Justice (talk) 21:07, 16 March 2022 (UTC)
Faster Cast time is interesting, but on the other hand most shouts with cast times(Chants) are 1 second already(PvE) and are almost exclusive to Paragon. I mentioned recharge time because most of the shouts like ballad of restoration end on effect already, and most echos want the shouts to end aswell. Motivation in particular is home to a lot of 10 energy shouts, and there is a reason most monks don't run heal other. You do make me interested in a serpent's quickness motivation ranger.