The Hallowed Point
From Guild Wars Wiki
|The Hallowed Point|
|Section||The Desolation Quests|
|Given by|| Buuran |
in Poisoned Outcrops
|Preceded by||The Cold Touch of the Past|
|Type|| Secondary quest|
(Click to enlarge)
- Carry the Staff of the Mists to the Hallowed Point.
- Throw the Staff of the Mists into the Hallowed Point.
- See Buuran for your reward.
Carry the Staff of the Mists northwest to the Hallowed Point. You will encounter additional spawns of Margonites along the way. When the quest log asks the player to "throw" the staff, click on the Hallowed Point. Return to Buuran for your reward.
- 24 (26) Margonite Executioner
- 24 (26) Margonite Bowmaster
- 24 (26) Margonite Cleric
- 24 (26) Margonite Warlock
- 24 (26) Margonite Seer
- 24 (26) Margonite Sorcerer
- 24 (26) Margonite Ascendant
- 24 (26) Margonite Reaper
- 22 (26) Graven Monolith
- "[Difficulty: Master] Long ago, the Staff of the Mists and the Scepter of Orr were given to the great nations of the world as protection. Predictably, those who wielded their power were corrupted. Terrible horrors were unleashed upon the lands once guarded by their benevolent power. The gods themselves were forced to intervene. They struck down both rulers, sealed the scepters within their tombs, and guarded them with powerful magic. With the Staff of the Mists released into the world again, I fear that the forces of evil will not stop until they possess it. Our only choice is to destroy the scepter. You must travel to the Hallowed Point and destroy the scepter. Only then will it be out of reach of the Margonites."
- "I feel a great burden has been lifted from the world. You were successful? Ah...yes. The Margonites still roam, but at least they will be prevented from using the Staff of the Mists to do their evil. Perhaps now, I can rest...."
- Be sure to accept the quest before taking the Staff of the Mists to the Hallowed Point, since clicking on the Hallowed Point will make the staff disappear - requiring you to rezone to start the quest again.
- Combines well with Forgotten Retribution, since there are plenty of Margonites along the quest route.