The Cold Touch of the Past
|The Cold Touch of the Past|
|Section||The Desolation Quests|
|Given by||Vissh Rakissh |
in Lair of the Forgotten
|Followed by||The Hallowed Point|
(Click to enlarge)
- Travel to the Poisoned Outcrops and find the resting place of the Staff of the Mists before Battlelord Turgar discovers it.
- Defeat Battlelord Turgar before he completes the ritual to activate the Staff of the Mists.
- Recover the Staff of the Mists.
- See Buuran for your reward.
Enter the Poisoned Outcrops and follow the quest pointer towards the north-west. There is a wide area with several patrols after the left corridor which can easy over-aggro, pull them back to the corridor to dispatch them one by one. The quest log will update by first time once you reach the resting place of the Staff of the Mist, you will see two enemy types Mummies and Margonite patrols, always keep watch of your radar so that foes won`t overwhelm your party.
Battlelord Turgar will be behind 3 separate groups of Margonites, each group can be lured away and dispatched before killing the boss alone. Once defeated, it will drop the Staff of the Mists and the spirit of Buuran will be released for your reward.
- 20 Buuran
- 24 (26) Margonite Executioner
- 24 (26) Margonite Bowmaster
- 24 (26) Margonite Cleric
- 24 (26) Margonite Warlock
- 24 (26) Margonite Seer
- 24 (26) Margonite Sorcerer
- 24 (26) Margonite Ascendant
- 24 (26) Margonite Reaper
- Vissh Rakissh
- "[Difficulty: Master] Servants of the fallen one wander across these lands in search of some way to free their master. Once my people were many, and strong enough to stop them, but now I am one of only a handful who remain."
- "The Margonites draw closer to finding what they seek. If they are not stopped, they will wreak havoc upon this world. One such demon seeks an ancient relic known as the Staff of the Mists. The scepter and its twin, the Scepter of Orr, were created long ago, when this desert was still an ocean. The Staff of the Mists contains great power, and allows the wielder to bend the fabric of reality. If the Margonites are allowed to possess the scepter, they will be unstoppable. You must find the scepter before they do at all costs. The Staff of the Mists lies buried beneath an altar in the southern regions of the Poisonous Badlands protected by ancient magic."
- "Why have you woken me from my slumber? Who dares to defile the resting place of the Staff of the Mists? It is too late. By disturbing this place, you have unleashed a terrible evil upon the world."
- This can be a good time to work on Forgotten Retribution, since there are about 20 Margonites at the endpoint, and a few groups along the way.