The Way is Blocked
|The Way is Blocked|
|Given by|| Captain Osric |
in Yak's Bend
|Preceded by||Nolani Academy|
|Followed by||Borlis Pass|
Easy route to Inar Frostbite.
Osric asks you to take out a Stone Summit boss named Inar Frostbite, who is blocking the road to Borlis Pass with his men.
- 500 Experience
All you need to do to complete this quest is kill the Stone Summit Boss, who is at the very far end of the road to Borlis Pass. If you also have the quests Shiverpeak Stragglers and The Road to Borlis Pass active, there will be a lot of Stone Summit on the road. To avoid them, simply skirt round via the road that goes towards the Ascalon Foothills entrance. This way, you can reach the boss fairly easily, without going through hordes of dwarves to reach him. You can also pick up the refugees for the Shiverpeak Stragglers quest here, and return by the same route, avoiding the dwarves again.
If you do want to kill all the dwarves by not taking the detour, make sure to lure small groups while the rest of your party waits at a safe distance. Otherwise you might have to fight 10+ enemies at once.
- 11 (24) Snow Ettin
- 13 (27) Inar Frostbite
- Captain Osric
- "The Shiverpeak Mountains are not known to grant pity on travelers. Seems a storm has blown in from the east and settled around Borlis Pass. And as if that wasn't enough, a Stone Summit leader calling himself Inar Frostbite has taken advantage of the situation and ordered his men to block the entrance to the pass. There is no other way to get supplies through. I believe he plans to wait until we're cold and hungry, then start a push toward Yak's Bend. You'd have to be as blind as a Dolyak not to see what will happen up there if we don't do something now.
- I need you to lead a party up there and take out Frostbite's force. Can you do it? "
- Accept: "Consider them dead!"
- Decline: "I'll stay here by the warm fire."
- Ask: "Without a way to move supplies through these mountains, our people will never reach Kryta. Those already on the way will starve to death. I'm counting on you to take out the Stone Summit blocking Borlis Pass."
- Beccum Reedly
- "I'm relieved to hear you cleared the road; I didn't want to have to tell the refugees to boil their leathers for supper. Ever since this storm started up, the Stone Summit have been causing us nothing but trouble. They constantly raid our caravans and pillage our supply trains. These mountain passes are trying enough for the weak and the old without their constant harassment."
- "Now on to matters concerning our prince..."
- Due to the large amount of additional foes this quest spawns in Traveler's Vale, it is not uncommon for runners to request players to abandon this quest before running from Yak's Bend.
The name of this quest may be a reference to the short film "Shaft of Light" by Bill Tomlinson, which was first shown at the Sundance Film Festival in 1997.