The Young Lady Vanishes
|The Young Lady Vanishes|
|Given by|| Hogun the Unpredictable |
in Dejarin Estate
|Part of||The Dejarin Estate|
|Followed by||Family Ties (Nightfall quest)|
(Click to enlarge)
- Help Hogun save his fiancee from corsair rivals.
- Kill Hogun and his band of corsairs.
- Speak with Ailonseh Dejarin and see if she is hurt.
- Escort Ailonseh Dejarin to Camp Hojanu.
- See Zudash Dejarin for your reward.
After accepting the quest from Hogun (who is standing outside Pogahn Passage), travel to where Ailonseh is being held. After some dialogue, the corsairs will turn hostile, so kill them. It's best that, before escorting Alionseh to Camp Hojanu, your party would kill all the monsters along the path to avoid her dying because she is only a level 10 monk. Be wary not to let her lag too far behind, as she has no regard for the aggro range of monsters, leading to her quick demise.
- Corsairs (these are initially friendly until a quest trigger turns them hostile)
Hogun the Unpredictable
- "Help, brave heroes! My fiancee has been kidnapped by a crew of rival corsairs. They whisked her away in the middle of the night! I fear what they will do to her if I don't rescue her soon. Please, you must help me. Ailonseh is the only thing that matters to me; I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened to her because of me. Please, I beg you!"
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Hogun the Unpredictable: "There! Up ahead! I can almost make her out."
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Hogun the Unpredictable: "Hello, boys. Expecting us?"
- First Mate Gunanu: "Why yes, Hogun. We knew it would only be a matter of time before you found some unlucky fools to follow you here."
- Koss: "Ailonseh? Gods, <Player name>, that's no fiancee. That's my sister!"
- Ailonseh Dejarin: "Look out! It's a trap! They promised my father safe passage, but kidnapped me instead!"
Intermediate Dialogue 3
- "Thank you for rescuing me! My father must be so worried.... They haven't fed me for three days, and I'm quite weak. I'm afraid I...ow...I won't be able to get out of here on my own. Can you please escort me to the safety of Camp Hojanu? I'll be able to get food and rest there while I wait for my father to arrive."
- "I always disliked you Sunspears, ever since my son Koss ran off to join your order. I still don't know if I can forgive him. But, you've returned my precious daughter to me. The least I can do is give you this. It is but a small token of my gratitude and can never repay the debt I owe you."
- The Lady Vanishes is a 1938 film by Alfred Hitchcock, based on a novel by Ethel Lina White.