From Guild Wars Wiki
|Given by|| Councilor Vaylor |
in Ettin's Back
|Preceded by||White Mantle Wrath: Demagogue's Vanguard|
|Followed by||Aurora Glade|
Path from Ventari's Refuge to Snakebite continuing to Aurora Glade
Tell Gretchen's scout Snakebite about the White Mantle advance from the west.
- Meet up with Gretchen's Scout.
- See Elder Gretchen for your reward.
- 500 Experience
- Battle Axe
- Slashing Dmg: 6-25 (Requires 8 Axe Mastery)
- Damage +15% (while Enchanted)
- Wicked Staff
- Energy +8
- Dark Dmg: 9-16 (Requires 8 Blood Magic)
- Damage +10% (vs. Hexed foes)
- Energy +5 (while Hexed)
- "Elder Gretchen, you may have heard, is spearheading our efforts to unlock the gate to Denravi. She and her people need to be alerted to the White Mantle push from the west. I'd like you to head east and attempt to contact one of her scouts. She'll have posted one along the way, I imagine.
- If you make contact, tell the scout of the impending attack, and get to Aurora Glade so you can speak with Gretchen, herself."
- "The White Mantle already swept through here. I was sent to keep an eye out for any more coming through this area. They were too many, and we too few. Talk with Elder Gretchen in Aurora Glade. Perhaps Denravi is not yet lost."
- "At this point we need your weapons and your spells far more than Vaylor's warnings. The White Mantle have come through here and destroyed everything in their path. Where they found abandoned villages, they left behind them only sticks and stones. Where they found Shining Blade, they left behind only corpses. I fear that we're fighting a losing battle. We cannot afford a misstep in the ritual to open the portal to the druid Henge of Denravi.
- The druids are little more than spirits, now. They have transcended this world and have become part of the jungle, abandoning their villages. Until recently, we've been using the structures they left behind as camps from whence to plan our operations."