^_^ Zero Quality [zQ]
Motoko Kai A gold trim is awarded to the guild that wins a Monthly Automated Tournament (mAT). After the swiss pairing, 16 guilds enter the single elimination playoffs, and the winner of the Finals wins the tournament. In addition to a gold trim, the victorious guild's participating members receive 4,500 reward points each.
In the past, seasons would end with a ladder lock and a playoff; regional winners would go on to the world championships like GWWC, GWFC and the Celestial Tournament. Winners of those world championships (The Last Pride, War Machine, and Team Everfrost, respectively) received gold trims. When the championships proved too costly for ArenaNet to continue hosting, they introduced the Automated Tournament system and replaced real-world prizes (such as high-end video cards) with reward points.
The following is a list of guilds which have a gold trim:
|Examples of gold trimmed capes|
|Guild||Tag||# of Gold trims||Country/Territory|
|Rebel Rising||[rawr]||10||United States of America|
|The Last Captain||[LaG]||6||Europe|
|Galactic President Superstar Mc||[awsm]||4||Germany|
|The Last Pride||[EvIL]||3||Korea|
|Whats Going On||[sup]||3||Germany|
|Idiot Savants||[iQ]||2||United States of America|
|Heart Of Ashes And Dust||[HAnD]||2||Japan|
|Straight Outta Kamadan||[KMD]||2||Europe|
|History Repeats Itself||[Cry]||2||France|
|Queen And Country||[QC]||2||England|
|The Benecia Renovatio||[RenO]||1||Korea|
|Peace And Harmony||[PnH]||1||Germany|
|Delta Formation||[DF]||1||United States of America|
|Dark Alley||[dR]||1||United States of America|
|We Want Cookies||[NOW]||1||Germany|
|Rebel Rising Extended Edition||[rawr]||1||United States of America|
|Rebel Rising Directors Cut||[rawr]||1||United States of America|
|Inadequately Equipped||[GeAr]||1||United States of America|
|Rebel Rising And Friends||[rawr]||1||United States of America|
|Young Money Merger||[YM]||1||United States of America|
|Edible Granite Pencil||[yumy]||1||United States of America|
|Chipotle Mexican Bar And Grill||[Inc]||1||United States of America|
|Get Good||[GG]||1||United States of America|
|Inadequately Retired||[GoLd]||1||United States of America|
|Illl Ill Il I Il Ill||[IIII]||1||Europe|
|The Flying Pig Squadron||[llll]||1||Europe|
|Failure Is Not An Option||[sup]||1||Germany|
|Cupcake Brigade||[Cake]||1||United States of America|
|Forever And Ever||[LaG]||1||Germany|
|Stonebender House Mafia||[sC]||1||England|
|What Are You Talking About||[wtf]||1||Italy|
|Too Tired To Play||[yawn]||1||Germany|
|으v트r 9000||[WHAT]||1||United States of America|
|We Are The One And Only||[rR]||1||Europe|
|Get On Our Level||[LaG]||1||Germany|
|Oooga Booga||[OG]||1||United States of America|
|Even Edel Said Valium||[oink]||1||Europe|
|Lags Are A Good Talent Toi Have||[Yuli]||1||Europe|
|Zero Quality||[zQ]||1||United States of America|
|From Myspace To Yourplace||[GanK]||1||Europe|
|出rise||[USA]||1||United States of America|
|I Lost M Y||[mojo]||1||Europe|
|Killer Vs Zoulou||[KvZ]||1||France|
|Doing Work||[DW]||1||United States of America|
|Here Comes Teh Pain||[chmp]||1||Europe|
|The Monstars Mean Team||[Mean]||1||Europe|
|No Opposing Party Joined||[yawn]||1||Germany|
|Better Than Rawr||[LaG]||1||Europe|
|Your Gold Cape Teachers||[LaG]||1||Europe|
|Kaputtmacher Der Feinde||[kput]||1||Germany|
|Minions Of The Rabbit Legion||[pupu]||1||Europe|
|W E L T M E I S T E R||[LaG]||1||Europe|
|Il Northern Kings Il||[NK]||1||Europe|
|Dead Game Champions||[DW]||1||United States of America|
|The Honor Knights||[Noイ]||1||France|
|Use Brain Ingame||[iQ]||1||Europe|
|Teh Galileo Mystery||[TEAM]||1||Europe|
|Zesty Quesadilla||[zQ]||1||United States of America|
|I Disposable Heroes I||[DirT]||1||Germany|
|Charr Siege Investigation||[CSI]||1||Europe|
|Fancy Lads Of Pimping Society||[FAPS]||1||United States of America|
|Guilds noted with a red square to the left of their name have been sold or are no longer in an original player's possession|
- Guilds noted with a red square to the left of their name have been sold or are no longer in an original player's possession.
- After a guild is awarded a gold trim, there are several things that can be done with that guild:
- The guild may continue to play.
- The guild may retire from PvP and keep the gold trim for aesthetic purposes.
- The guild may disband.
- The guild may be stored on an alternate account of a core player to preserve the gold trim.
- The guild may invite/have a large number of "leechers" join the guild.
- The guild leader may become inactive after which another player is automatically promoted to the position of leader.
- The guild may be sold.
- Rebel Rising's gold trim was temporarily removed in February 2009 due to rule violations in the previous Monthly Automated Tournament.
- We Are Six Inches Enchanted used third party hacks to modify their attributes during the June 2014 mAT, thereby gaining an unfair advantage over their opponents by abusing the Flux effect (Jack of All Trades). ArenaNet removed their gold trim on 26 June 2014 as a result of their investigation (source).
- Kaputtmacher Der Feinde [kput] is the first gold trim guild to be confirmed deleted.