Jack of All Trades
From Guild Wars Wiki
- Concise description
If your attributes are all [sic] between 8-11 before buffs, your skills deal 15% additional damage, activate 25% faster, and cost 20% less Energy.
- This Flux is in effect every June (UTC−7).
- Although this Flux's descriptions state "all" your attributes have to be 8-11 ranks, any or all of your attributes can be 0 rank and you will still benefit from this Flux. A more precise description is "If your attribute ranks are 0 or between 8-11..."
- Nothing can make you gain or lose the Flux's benefit once you have entered a match or Isle of the Nameless (PvP).
- Skills dealing 15% additional damage is based on whether the user of the skill meets the attribute requirements of this Flux, not the party member triggering the damage. E.g., for skills that deal area of effect damage and is cast on other ally (such as Ancestors' Rage (PvP), Balthazar's Aura, and doublecast skills) to deal 15% additional damage, only the user of the skill has to meet the attribute requirements of this Flux, not the other ally that is the target of the skill. E.g., for Barbs and Mark of Pain to deal 15% additional damage, only the user of the skill has to meet the attribute requirements of this Flux, not the party member dealing physical damage to the hexed target.
- However, for Splinter Weapon (PvP) to deal 15% additional damage, only the party member under the effects of Splinter Weapon (PvP) has to meet the attribute requirements of this Flux, not the user of the skill.
- Activation times of attack skills are not affected by this Flux.
- The effects of Expertise and Mysticism are applied before the Flux reduction in energy cost.
- This Flux was in effect during August 2012 (UTC±0) and August 2013 (UTC−7), and has been in effect every June since 2014 (UTC−7).
- In the August 13, 2012 game update, the attribute rank requirement was increased from 9 or more ranks in 4 attributes to 10 or more ranks in 4 attributes (see also: User:Robert Gee/Journal#August 15, 2012 – Flux Changes).
- In August 2013, the attribute rank requirement was changed again from 10 or more ranks in 4 attributes to 8-11 ranks in 4 attributes.
- Although this Flux's descriptions stated "all" your attributes had to be 8-11 ranks, only 4 of your attributes had to be 8-11 ranks when you entered a match or Isle of the Nameless (PvP) to benefit from this Flux, not all of your attributes. Your other attribute ranks could be outside of the 8-11 range. E.g. 13, 8, 8, 8, 8 attribute ranks.
- One could bypass this requirement by using unused attribute points during a match. You could increase 1 or more of those 4 attributes with 8-11 ranks to 12 or more ranks and still benefited from this Flux (e.g. 11, 8, 8, 8 attribute ranks to 14, 8, 8, 8). This was less effective in formats where consecutive wins are possible (i.e. Codex Arena, Heroes' Ascent, Random Arenas, Training Arena, Zaishen Elite, and low-level arenas), since you would no longer benefit from this Flux in further consecutive matches. The implementation of the September 26, 2013 update restricts using unused attribute points to increase attribute ranks during PvP matches, which prevents this method from being used in the future when this Flux appears again.
- Beginning in 2014, this Flux has swapped its month (August) with Xinrae's Revenge (previously the June Flux), so Xinrae's Revenge would not affect the Dragon Festival (source).
- In June 2014, the attribute lines requirement was changed from 8-11 ranks in 4 attributes to 8-11 ranks in any number of attributes (including 0 attributes). This change occurred in the September 26, 2013 and/or January 16, 2014 updates.
- "Jack of all trades, master of none" is a figure of speech used in reference to a person that is competent with many skills but is not necessarily outstanding in any particular one.