This page contains information about an element of Guild Wars that has changed since the original writing, and may need to be updated to reflect the current state of the game.
- This is a mission entry. For information on the outpost, see Zaishen Elite (outpost).
- This article is about the mission. For the quest, see Zaishen Elite (quest).
|Region||The Battle Isles|
|Preceded by||The Path of the Zaishen Elite|
The Zaishen Elite challenge mission is a PvP training simulation, in which a team of 4 players is pitted against an opposing team of computer-controlled opponents. The opponents are the same as in the Zaishen Challenge, except that fights are now random, and the teams increase in numbers up to 12 opponents with consecutive wins.
You can earn up to 6,000 Balthazar faction per day from the Zaishen Elite. Faction earned in other simulated PvP (i.e. Training Arena or Zaishen Challenge) will be deducted from the early rounds. Faction earned in non-simulated PvP does not count against this limit. The faction cap resets every 24 hours from when you last started any of the simulated PVP.
- 20 "I Will Avenge You" Warriors
- 20 Obsidian Spike Elementalists
- 20 Illusionary Weaponry Team
- 20 "Victory Is Mine" Trappers
- 20 Degeneration Team
- You must reach the daily cap in Zaishen Challenge once to get access to Zaishen Elite.
- Your character does not have to be level 20 to be able to enter.
- The Smiting Monks do not appear in this mission, even though they were in the Zaishen Challenge.
- It is possible to detect the Illusionary Weaponry Team prior to the beginning by looking at the Score Chart. They temporarily lose health due to Illusion of Weakness, which is visible in the health chart.
- Be aware that on some maps, most notably D'Alessio Arena, an NPC of the opposing team will occasionally spawn outside of their team's gate and will rush your team early.
- The opposing team rushes at your spawn so you can easily beat this mission by taking one or two trappers in your party.
- Faction cap raises as you progress: 2k (from rounds 1 through 4), 4k (from rounds 5 through 7), and 6k (from round 8 and forward).
- After every 3 consecutive wins (2nd, 5th, 8th, etc), one extra opponent will join enemy party, capped at 12 enemies (23rd round).
- The following table shows faction gained through flawless consecutive victories:
|Round||Total faction||Faction per round|
|5||1550||340 (+50) = 390|
|10||3420||380 (+50) = 430|
|15||5650||460 (+50) = 510|
- Rounds 5, 10, & 15 earn an extra 50 faction for consecutive wins, notated as (+50).
- If a member of your party leaves during this mission, that player will be replaced with a Zaishen Fighter henchman at the start of the next round.
- As of the October 30, 2009 update, it is no longer possible to bring heroes into the Zaishen Elite. According to Andrew Patrick, "Removing them was an unintended side-effect of removing them from other PvP formats." (source)