ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/Alignment Professions
|Guild Wars 2 Suggestions|
I like some of the ideas for professions, like a E/W called Battle Mage etc but I would like to take it one step further. The idea is that some professions go down a certain path in the story line, for ex a Necromancer and a Monk might do the same missions but for different reasons and find solutions to a problem in difference way. For example based on the idea of a interactive world with events that ArenaNET describes in a few interviews about GW2 a village needs to repair the brigade after a dragon has destroyed it but thugs attack the village and the caravan during this time, a Monk or Paladin (good aligned profession) might try to sway the thugs by finding out why they need to rob the village? as they might be from a neighboring village that has a problem with a creature destorying their harvest so they wont survive the winter. While a Necromancer might use fear and domination to get the thugs to do some other chore that fits the Necromancers agenda, a Warrior might use more brute strength to stop the attacks, a Mesmer might use illusions and diversion to get his will across and so on.
This would create a more realistic world with different personalities solving the same problem in different ways and build on ArenaNETs idea of a dynamic and changing world, if there are for ex. a necromancer and a monk in the same party they both might have something to say about the others action and players could decide which way to follow by having the selected paths profession talk to the thugs etc and selecting the right options, it all depends on the alignment of your character. Of course everyone can choose to do a generic way of solving it, making that an easier option then a class/alignment based solution but would yield a lesser reward.
- Why this is a good idea
- This would make the world more flexible and ever changing.
- Would give a whole new meaning to selection your profession, not just different skills but different paths.
- More role play like gaming.
- Give ArenaNET even more creativity with world events based on player actions.
- Would give your character more depth and a more interesting personality.
- Would make creating a new character from start not a repetition but a whole new way of playing.
- Would make game play with other classes more dynamic and reveal new ways for the players to handle quests depending on the setup of the group.
- Why it may not work out
- A lot more programming/scripting.
- Keeping balance in rewards for the same amount of job and how to reward classes that follow another class path.
- NPCs/world would need to be very interactive and respond differently to all the paths.
- Might be hard to create that many versions of many of the quests.
- Would make the game need voice acting etc that differ from class to class and how you solve the problem (more time and money).
Nephilim 13:47, 4 September 2008 (UTC)