ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/Guild-based PVP rewards: war chest and hazard pay
|Guild Wars 2 Suggestions|
Instead of faction, PvP rewards "hazard pay" (or a similar name) that deposits into a war chest for your guild. Non-PvP characters below lvl 20 engaging in PvP would receive higher hazard pay than pure PvP. Hazard pay is the same as PvE gold, not unique like faction -- it is gold "sent from the gods."
Characters can go to the war chest in their guild hall and do a 1/day withdraw up to 1/2 of the total hazard pay their account has accumulated (if sufficient funds exist in the war chest.) PvP characters might not need gold, but they are donating it to their guild, thus helping low level PvE chars, and there can be a ladder for total hazard pay per guild, so that's an incentive.
Players can donate additional gold into the war chest if they are feeling generous, or even contribute items that they think their guildees might need.
- Why this is a good idea
- Creates sharable storage for guilds
- Gives PvE players an incentive for PvP
- Ladder based on total PvP accomplishments per guild
- Why it may not work out
- Dumps cash into the economy, might devalue gold
- Might create dissension within guilds if players hog the hazard pay or sell donated items in the war chest
- Players with no guild affiliation -- maybe they just get a one time payment directly into their inventory.