ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/Prestige Guilds
|Guild Wars 2 Suggestions|
Prestige Guilds (Discussion)
This is something I thought of whilst playing a certain other popular MMO yesterday.
The basic concept would be that not all Guild Halls/bases are obtainable through conventional methods (i.e. gold, or Celestial Sigils, which amounts to buying with gold anyway).
Instead, when a certain dungeon/region is wiped out through Guild effort, or a certain line of quests specific to the zone are completed, the area will then become the Guild's new base of operations, until they're ready to take on a more fortified region.
I'm not sure quite how it would be implemented in GW2, but since the game is planned to have many instanced areas, that would be a good start (since other Guilds would be after the same areas). Of course it would only be in addition to standard Guild halls obtainable through purchase; I just think it would be a nice opportunity for Guild-wide achievements and another means for a guild to demonstrate their power/status besides their gold supply.
If a suggestion along these lines has already been made, then I apologize - but I did search thoroughly and turned up with nothing.
- Why this is a good idea
- It's a nice goal to work towards that doesn't necessarily involve PvP
- It would present a beneficial achievement besides a mere number
- Why it may not work out
- Workload. I understand it would likely require the areas in question to be designed and created from scratch, unless the concept could rely on areas that would already exist in-game for other purposes (abandoned outposts, etc).
- Lack of interest? I don't see how this couldn't appeal to a significant number of players, as it would be entirely optional, just as PvP/GvG is, but I suppose it's possible that it would be a total flop o_O !
- Slarynn 13:55, 2 July 2008 (UTC)