ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/PvP in PvE areas
|Guild Wars 2 Suggestions|
Option of random pvp encounters (Discussion)
Some MMO's allow fighting in outside environments i would like that, but only sometimes so i had this idea, maybe if it was an easy to use option you could turn on or off since it already seems areas will no longer be instanced, it might be viable
so say you're out wandering around in some area, doesnt matter where, you want to do your quests or mapping or exploring in peace, you shut if off, noone can hurt you but you're bored one day, or you just like the challenge when you're out questing, you leave it turned on. other people with it turned on can see, possibly by a beacon of some sort, that you are willing to fight, they can fight you, they could ambush you if they wanted, but since you have it turned on, you know its possible, and wont be an interference with what you were doing since you want it. it should be easy to turn on or off, mabye a little checkbox in the party menu, or somewhere like that, depending how it would be implemented.
- Why this is a good idea
- Allows random PvP encounters for those who want it, but not for those who do not want it
- Could be lots of fun and a good alternative to organized arenas and such
- Adds another layer of interaction to PvE.
- With the PvP option OFF by default it lets people be left alone if they wish.
- Would be fun to have the option off and watching some people completely go for it in the middle of town.
- Why it may not work out
- World PvP addresses many of these issues anyway
- Makes skills more difficult to balance.