Guild Wars Eye of the North Sneak Peek Weekend
The Guild Wars Sneak Peek Weekend is a weekend event available only to those who have purchased the Guild Wars Eye of the North Prerelease Bonus Pack. It will provide access to the Guild Wars Eye of the North, more specifically the Far Shiverpeaks region.
Everything you acquire during the Sneak Peek Weekend, including items, XP, heroes, and loot, will be available to you when the game goes live on August 31 (assuming you have added an Eye of the North access key to your account).
To travel to the Far Shiverpeaks and access the Sneak Peek content, speak with one of the following NPCs:
The sneak peak will give players approximately 72 hours of play time.
 Pacific daylight time (PDT)
|Wednesday, August 22, 12:00 AM||Earthquakes began|
|Friday, August 24, 12:01 AM||Sneak peak access begins|
|Sunday, August 26, 11:59 PM||Sneak peak access ends|
 Coordinated universal time (UTC)
|Wednesday, August 22, 7:00 AM||Earthquakes began|
|Friday, August 24, 7:01 AM||Sneak peak access begins|
|Monday, August 27, 6:59 AM||Sneak peak access ends|
Earthquakes strike Kaineng City, Kamadan and Lion's Arch at random intervals. The screen shakes 3-4 times and earthquake noises are heard. White Rats and Ooze escaped from the sewers of the cities and run around in panic.
- This event actually started around 11:30 PM PDT on Thursday.
- The entrances to the following areas are sealed off: Heart of the Shiverpeaks, Longeye's Ledge, Verdant Cascades.
- If a player had an Eye of the North hero in their party when the sneak peek ended, the slot would be "taken up" despite the hero being locked and unusable until the game's release. This problem can be solved by going to an area that forces one's party off, such as most PvP arenas. This glitch has been fixed.
- After the preview weekend, each of the following four skill quests had an additional skill added to its rewards: Attack on Jalis's Camp (Great Dwarf Weapon), Destructive Research (Light of Deldrimor), In the Service of Revenge (Great Dwarf Armor) and The Big Unfriendly Jotun (Snow Storm). If a character completed one of these quests during the weekend, that character was later awarded the extra skills.
- During the sneak preview weekend, Eye of the North skills were non-functional during automated tournament matches.