Is it just me, or does this sort of need a buff? I don't PvP much, but I don't see this skill ever being used, PvP, PvE, or otherwise... Maybe if it worked like Dark Aura, where you could target an ally, rather than only yourself, but as is, I just can't see it being too useful. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, and there's some totally imba build floating around. 18.104.22.168 17:20, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- Try something like this in RA or PvE
|Faithful Intervention||Mystic Regeneration||Plague Touch||Signet of Agony||Contagion||Dark Aura||Wearying Strike||Mystic Sweep|
table needz to be changed at 11 i had 6% sacrificial hp 22.214.171.124 02:18, 26 October 2007 (UTC)
 No Synergy with Infuse Condition :(
I've been testing this out - unfortunately when you use Contagion+Infuse Condition the infuse will always happen first regardless of casting order, ie the conditions you acquire go straight to the minion and never trigger contagion. 126.96.36.199 05:43, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
 Apply Poison
If a ranger keeps hitting you with Apply Poison, will you keep saccing health on every hit? ~~ 188.8.131.52 15:05, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think so, since it says "new condition" in the description, but haven't confirmed in game yet. - Elder Angelus 18:12, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
 Synergy with Wearying Spear?
- But Wearying Spear is, well, a spear attack. And Dark Aura is adjacent location. I don't think it would work very well if you have to run up to use your spear attack for Dark Aura. — ク Eloc 貢 19:21, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, that wasn't the best idea. Though i had quite fun to try some gimmick build combinations with a Rune of Clarity and "Only the Strong Survive"-inscription equipped, along with Mark of Fury and Infuriating Heat, combined with Malign Intervention and Holy Spear, a hammer warrior that takes advantage of the weakened foes and some other adrenal skills. :P
- Yet i suppose a simple duo-Foul Feast chain would do better. —ZerphaThe Improver 12:45, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
 Synergy with Aggressive Refrain
I've been testing, and as far as I can tell, the cracked armor you get from Aggressive Refrain every time it's renewed doesn't work with Contagion. For some reason, it doesn't count as a condition that's received. Might be because of the "new" condition requirement. But the problem is, the cracked armor also doesn't spread if you activate Contagion before you start Aggressive Refrain. I'm going to make a note on the main page about this. ---- Melisande
- I think they either should fix this so it does work or add it to the skill description, but I do vaguely recall that this was a fix done by anet. Imagine a whole party with 8 paragons where one uses Finale of Restoration, Purifying Finale, Dark Aura, Agressive refrain and this, it would be totally awesome. Still think that they shouldn't remove this combo since its very vulnerable (one strip and its disabled and you need to be adjacent for the damage.--Starfire 07:04, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Just tested it and it does work ^^--Starfire 20:14, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
 Disease explosion?
What happen if you maintain it with dark aura and if you stay near a immobile humain suffering from disease? 184.108.40.206 20:32, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
It only affects newly applied conditions. So the first time you received the disease condition, it would trigger, but not again unless you removed your disease and re-applied it by getting close to the target a second time.
 Sacrifice per foe affected?
If you suffer from bleeding and there are 4 foes in the area, do you sacrifice health 4 times? I think this should be added as a note for clarification --Combatter 22:45, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
- The concise description seems to thinks so: "You sacrifice 10...6...5% maximum Health each time this happens." (emphasis added) – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 22:58, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
- That's what I thought too. But I've just tested it and the sacrifice only happens once regardless of how many foes get the spread condition. I'll add a note. --Combatter 23:07, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
- Why label it as a bug though? It's a note for people who find the descriptions need clarification. The concise description implies that you sacrifice health each time "you gain a condition" and if there are any foes in the area they "gain that same condition". The concise description doesn't state that you sacrifice health "for each foe affected". --Silver Edge 04:13, 5 July 2012 (UTC)