|Value||Can't be sold|
|Quest item for||Then and Now, Here and There|
The Tapestry Shred is a piece of the young Gwen's cape, given to the player as a sign of affection. Years later it can be used in several quests.
The Tapestry Shred can only be obtained by winning Gwen's favor in pre-Searing Ascalon. This requires giving her a combination of items: the Broken Flute, a new Flute, a Small Girl's Cape, or Red Iris Flowers; the last item given must be an iris. The least expensive combination is the broken flute, the replacement flute, and 3 irises.
After giving her these items, you must initiate a conversation with her one more time to get the shred.
The shred can be used to obtain one of two quests:
- Then and Now, Here and There (available to Prophecies characters only)
- The shred is the only item still obtainable in the game that can be used to access this quest.
- Fire and Pain
To obtain either quest, complete the Primary Vanguard Quests, then visit Gwen in the Hall of Monuments. The shred will be removed from the inventory when you accept either quest.
- Gwen will notice that you have the shred, if you speak to her in the Hall of Monuments. She will say, I can't believe you held onto that for so long. But with the Ebon Vanguard missing, my own past must be put aside for now. We'll have time for this matter after my friends are rescued.
- This item can be transferred between characters, however only Guild Wars Prophecies characters can obtain 'Then and Now, Here and There'.
- Originally, pre-Searing Gwen would take all your flowers at once (giving you only credit for a single iris). This was corrected in a game update.