- This article is about the merchant service. For other uses, see Merchant (disambiguation).
A merchant is an NPC that buys and sell items, such as identification and salvage kits, as well as more exotic commodities, such as sweets or alcohol. Merchants will also sell the applicable key for the region they are located in. Unlike traders, merchants sell their wares at fixed prices, which do not vary according to supply and demand. Usually, a merchant will charge double the item's value. For example, Vial of Dye [Gray] would cost 50 at the merchant, while it can be sold back for 25 . In Factions, there are Faction merchants that will only provide services to certain players in outposts and under certain circumstances in explorable areas.
- Items that can be bought from merchants.
- Items that can also be sold to traders (except Celestial Sigils, which can only be sold to Sigil Traders).
- Weapons, except non-unique items that cannot be salvaged for crafting materials (e.g. bonus items, PvP Equipment, and Destroyer weapons) nor weapons from presents (e.g. Vampiric Dragon Sword).
- Salvage items and trophies.
- Kilnn Testibrie's Greaves, Crest, Cuisse and Pauldron quest items.