A tonic is a type of consumable that activates a skill to change the appearance of a player's character.
 Regular versus everlasting tonics
- Regular tonics can only be used once; each use adds 2 points towards the Party Animal title track, except for Minutely Mad King, Mysterious, Spooky, and Zaishen Tonics (which add 3, 5, 25, and 3 points respectively).
- Regular tonics cause 5 seconds of Tonic Tipsiness, while everlasting tonics cause 30 seconds of it. This effect prevents additional tonics being used while it is active.
- Everlasting tonics can be used an unlimited number of times but do not contribute to the title track. Each of the two-point tonics has an everlasting equivalent.
 Non-monthly tonics
 Monthly tonics
These tonics are randomly obtained from the Zaishen Chest during their respective month.
 6th year tonics
Birthday Presents that are received by characters when reaching their sixth birthday (72 months) and Sixth Birthday Surprise Boxes (acquired in exchange for a Birthday Present Voucher) contain one of these tonics.
- The only tonics that can be used in explorable areas are the Birthday, Henchman, Minutely Mad King, Transmogrifier, Yuletide, and Zaishen varieties.
- If your character zones or changes districts, the tonic's effect ends.
- For many of the forms, emote animations are either different or do not activate. See each form page for specifics.
- If your character is moving when you activate a tonic, the transformation won't take place until your character stops or changes direction.
- Unlike the other tonics, 6th year birthday present tonic form effects don't wear off if the character dies.
- Some cinematics will cause the 6th year birthday everlasting tonic effects to wear off.
- There are currently 65 different everlasting tonics in the game (20 white, 10 purple, 7 gold, and 28 green).
- Tonics cannot be used in PvP outposts (with the exception of guild halls) nor areas.